Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IE 8, 9, 10 menu bar gradient issue

Question

Posted · Report post

Why is internet explorer not displaying the nice gradient within the apple-like menubar in iBlogPro5? makes it equal grey instead.

How can I fix that?

see attachment

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

First, let me preface by saying that it's important to put browsers like IE8 and 9 in a historical context, adding that both were created before the CSS3 conventions came about.   That said,  IE has had issues with gradients, opacity, image resizing and any number of things taken for granted today in other browsers. 

See this for reference: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/CSS/linear-gradient

Now that I have that out of my system, there's a bit in that link for Browser compatibility.  It will show you what I mean.  Below, you'll see Cross-browser gradients which will show the type of code needed to make a gradient show across browsers.  Even with this, I'm unsure if IE8 will accept it.

If you've modified your code for the menu in any way, it's possible you did not include code that makes it compatible with all the other browsers. Even if not, it may simply not work in IE8 or even 9.

Please let us know if you've done any color-based modifications and we can pick it up from there.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your comprehensive answer and link. IE is the only browser that execute these things wrong by nature. Unfortunately, many people still work with ie8/9/10.

I will try to get it fixed and let you know if I succeed (at least in ie 10..?!)

Posted · Report post

We'll leave this thread open so you can update, if you manage to resolve using css please let us know and mark the thread solved :-)

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Regarding this back to the past issues, with IEs, How can i have the site detect these browser and thus sending them to some acceptable css for my site to look decent ? Note that I have very little coding knowledge that's why i use pagelines!!

im thinking of simple css like no round corner no gradients etc.

site is www.globalrecobros.com

Thanks in advance 

Posted · Report post

Hello Dalia - please create you own topic for this and we will take a look for you, 

Thanks