IE issue IE Iblogpro ie menu ie menu bar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 puntNL

puntNL

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Why is internet explorer not displaying the nice gradient within the apple-like menubar in iBlogPro5? makes it equal grey instead.

How can I fix that?

see attachment

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

First, let me preface by saying that it's important to put browsers like IE8 and 9 in a historical context, adding that both were created before the CSS3 conventions came about.   That said,  IE has had issues with gradients, opacity, image resizing and any number of things taken for granted today in other browsers. 

See this for reference:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Now that I have that out of my system, there's a bit in that link for Browser compatibility.  It will show you what I mean.  Below, you'll see Cross-browser gradients which will show the type of code needed to make a gradient show across browsers.  Even with this, I'm unsure if IE8 will accept it.

If you've modified your code for the menu in any way, it's possible you did not include code that makes it compatible with all the other browsers. Even if not, it may simply not work in IE8 or even 9.

Please let us know if you've done any color-based modifications and we can pick it up from there.

#3 puntNL

puntNL

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for your comprehensive answer and link. IE is the only browser that execute these things wrong by nature. Unfortunately, many people still work with ie8/9/10.

I will try to get it fixed and let you know if I succeed (at least in ie 10..?!)

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

We'll leave this thread open so you can update, if you manage to resolve using css please let us know and mark the thread solved :-)

#5 dalia

dalia

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBarcelona
  • Framework Version:3.5.1

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi,

Regarding this back to the past issues, with IEs, How can i have the site detect these browser and thus sending them to some acceptable css for my site to look decent ? Note that I have very little coding knowledge that's why i use pagelines!!

im thinking of simple css like no round corner no gradients etc.

site is www.globalrecobros.com

Thanks in advance 

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hello Dalia - please create you own topic for this and we will take a look for you, 

Thanks