Footer Alignment

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hello, I am new to PageLines and I am working on the Footer of a template at this moment. I am attempting to use the footer with the Footer Columns Sidebar (so that I can use a custom Menu and the Terms line).

I have set the footer to 1 column, but now everthing is left aligned. How can I center this?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

The Footer Columns sidebar is not really intended for this, and center alignment of content within one of the columns (no matter how many are used) is difficult.

You can of course, wrap your content inside a unique class, then attempt to use margins to align it, but there's no assurance it will work as the Footer Columns have their own CSS covering content alignment.

A more effective approach might be to use a different option, such as a Universal or Full-Width sidebar, placing your content inside a text widget, then, again, using the same class method, with margins.  These will be unaffected by the Footer Column pre-set structure, so alignment will work.

This link will help explain the CSS in greater detail: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Okay, I see. In that case I will explore some other options and then follow up this post.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Thanks we'll leave this post open for you, if you find another solution please mark the post solved or post back if you require further assistance.