WHMCS Bridge plugin with PageLines

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hello, I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience with installing and using WHMCS Bridge with PageLines. I've used it successfully with WordPress (without PageLines). If anyone has used it with PageLines, please post any comments you might have about it. I'd like to know if you've experienced any issues as well as successes.

Here is the link to the plugin:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I will be installing this plugin shortly and will update this post with results afterward.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

As the plugin is up to date with WP 3.5, most likely, it will work perfectly well with PageLines.  Please let us know of your experience in installing and testing it.

#3 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I've just installed the plugin and here is an update.

I installed every component that this author offers, of which there are three (WHMCS Bridge + WHMCS Bridge Pro + WHMCS Bridge Plugin). I used a fresh PageLines installation with the defaults for this test.

The plugin installation went smoothly. There are two things I have found that do not work in the plugin.

1. Client login to WHMCS does not work when the Fix IP option is enabled. The developer responded to my support ticket by telling me to disable the option, which worked, but unfortunately there was no solution provided so that i could use the Fix IP option. This is not critical. 

2. The WHMCS Bridge widget "Account Info", which allows a customer to sign in and see there account stats in the sidebar does not work. The developer has not responded to my ticket yet. This is critical.

Regarding aesthetics, I set an option in WHMCS Bridge to inherit the WordPress theme. That did not work well. When I navigate to the WHMCS pages they do not display correctly. Everything is misaligned, icons are missing, etc.  I know this can be fixed, but I am a novice and do not know any coding, so I'll need to hire someone for that. If anyone thinks they can help me with this part I would greatly appreciate it. I am very eager to learn.

In conclusion, I would say the functionality is good but it will requires a significant amount of research and work to make it look good.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Hi there, we'll leave this thread open in case anyone has any further advice on this plugin they can assist you with. Hopefully the developer will be able to offer a work around for you. If you need to contact one of the Pagelines Pros you can find their details here www.pagelines.com/pros/

#5 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

I received a response from the developer about issue #2 I posted earlier.

Response = "I noticed the images from WHMCS are not loading on your site, maybe some of the javascript files are not loading either, that sidebar login works with a javascript, so this could be the reason for the error."

Can anyone help point me in the right direction as to what this means? I know what Java is; however I know nothing about how it interacts with WordPress or PageLines.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hi there, If there's a conflict with the plugin due to a javascript error then we'd suggest you try disabling any other plugins you have active to see if they're causing it first.

If not then you'd need to go back to the developer and see if he could offer a workaround, if he's unable to then I'm afraid we could only suggest sourcing an additional plugin.

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able advise you to amend any javascript in the core Pagelines files, editing this could cause a number problems inside the Framework and break the site.

#7 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Okay, I see. I'll wait for the response from the developer.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

The Framework doesn't use any default javascript that isn't in WordPress. So, if there's a javascript conflict, it most likely comes from a plugin.

#9 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

I was wondering that and I meant to ask before. Thanks for the update.

#10 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Hello, here is an update.

I made a fresh installation of WHMCS and WHMCS Bridge. That fixed the issues with the images, icons and layout. WHMCS is looking good.

The problem that remains is still the issues with the sidebar functions of WHMCS Bridge. As I mentioned before, the developer's reply was "maybe some of the javascript files are not loading either, that sidebar login works with a javascript, so this could be the reason for the error."

I deactivated all plugins as suggested by James B. and Rob, but that did not fix it. The plugins I had activated were Comprehensive Google Map Plugin, DirtySuds - Embed PDF, Googlefonts and Post Types Order.

The developer is pointing to WordPress/PageLines as the source of the problem, but I am not able to confirm that.

I don't know how to proceed form this point. Can anyone provide assistance?

#11 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Can anyone provide assistance?

Please let me know either way.

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hi there, sorry as this post has been marked resolved its not been showing us your updated messages so I've only just seen this.

You could use the firebug debug tool to look into what's happening with the javascript and see where the script stops loading and try to debug. Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to edit any of the js that Pagelines or Wordpress uses as that would break the site, failing that it would be looking for another plugin to replace this one.

#13 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Unfortunately that kind of troubleshooting is way over my head and there are no alternative plugins available for WHMCS. I wanted to build a website but I don't have any knowledge of coding or Java. I purchased PageLines hoping that it would be plug and play and I purchased the WHMCS Bridge plugin hoping for the same.

I know that I will not be able to fix this by myself, so what are my best options for support at this point? Does PageLines offer some one-on-one support? Is there someone I can hire?

#14 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hi there, there is a group of Pagelines Pros how take on private projects, you can find them at www.pagelines.com/pros/

Unfortunately we're unable to assist with customizing third party plugins if they conflict with the main Framework, but a pro might be able to rework the plugin to fit or make a custom one for you.

#15 michaelkruger

michaelkruger

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I email and also submitted a message via his website to "WPjim" Jimmy Kastelic who's description on the Pro's page seemed like it was the closest match to the type of support I need. It's been several days and I haven't heard back. Can you recommend a specific "Pro" who I should work with?

#16 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

I can't recommend any of the Pros personally, but I think you should try contacting the other Pros. Hopefully you receive a response soon!