Photo
- - - - -

How to reduce the padding below Features or above Hightlights

Padding

Best Answer Rob , 31 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Rob,

Like the name, but I'm prejudiced... ;-)

There's a great product called Firebug for Firefox that helps identify the CSS elements.

If you use it, you'd see:

#highlight .content-pad .highlight-area {
    padding: 21px 0 10.5px;
}

Changing the 21 to 1, knocks 20px of padding off the top, moving the highlight up closer to the slider. Note, you cannot use negative values in padding, even with !important.

Other elements can be identified where select tweaking can result in a gain of 50px total savings. Each selection, such as Highlight and Features have a Contentpad with a 15px padding.  That can be customized to make the padding-top: 0 for the highlight, and padding-bottom: 0 for the features.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rbirse1

rbirse1

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi, I'm tying to reduce the padding below the Features or above a the Highlight section.  Looking through the forum I found some code to change the padding above the Boxes section (see below) but I can't identify the equivalent of pprow in either Features or Highlights.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Rob

• Reubentgn likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:03 AM   Best Answer

Rob,

Like the name, but I'm prejudiced... ;-)

There's a great product called Firebug for Firefox that helps identify the CSS elements.

If you use it, you'd see:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Changing the 21 to 1, knocks 20px of padding off the top, moving the highlight up closer to the slider. Note, you cannot use negative values in padding, even with !important.

Other elements can be identified where select tweaking can result in a gain of 50px total savings. Each selection, such as Highlight and Features have a Contentpad with a 15px padding.  That can be customized to make the padding-top: 0 for the highlight, and padding-bottom: 0 for the features.

• Reubentgn likes this

#3 rbirse1

rbirse1

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Fantastc, Thanks Rob

• Reubentgn likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Padding