Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Suzy,

Both Chrome and Firefox look exactly the same to me on my laptop, but I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the issues affecting this may be:

1.  Padding and Margins - which may add width to the page that the browser isn't able to find in CSS or settings, thus it's wrapping.  The solution is to ensure that your layout is wide enough - probably 1032px would be the safe layout minimum given the 240px wide branding image plus the 728px ad space.

2.  You may not have applied any CSS to align the ad space.

Search the forum for the word "leaderboard" and you'll likely find some examples of the correct way to customize the CSS for the ad hook.

#3 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hi Rob! Thank you! I made the site wider and that worked, but I didn't solve the problem, the problem being that I don't understand what I'm doing. :)

#4 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

So, you said yesterday that I can do all kinds of creative things using a sidebar. I put the universal sidebar at the top of my page. I want to put this sort of thing into it:
I want to make a true website with of PageLines. A great big whiz-bang thing that I can use to make a template for what will be a group of sites. I'm glad to know that this can be done. I'm spending 10-12 hours/day learning. I tried a bunch of CMS overlay templates, and I'm sticking w PageLines. So...the site I took the screenshot from is TheDailyBeast. Firebug shows me that it's a navbar in a container. How do I do this using the provided sidebar? My head hurts. TY.

#5 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Oh, I'm referring to the SIGN IN FOLLOW US ON TWITTER WEATHER NASDAQ bit at the top.

#6 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

oh,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hi,

If you're having difficulty or are relatively new, I recommend you contact one of our Pros for assistance.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content