Photo
- - - - -

list item styling inside hero section

hero hero unit css styling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 gmoggel

gmoggel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hey mateys,

i tried the hero section today and with a little help from this forum i could style the standards like h1, p and such. when inserting a <ul> with a specific class and a <li> with another class, i can't seem to style the list item via the customize plugin.

this ist the html: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and this ist the css from the customize plugin:

I'm confused how to select the list item which is not in a div but under a lot of divs and another ul. Any tips guys? (i deleted the respecting real url) I'd like to style it manually.

cheers,

mo

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Try adding the customized CSS to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules.  Sometimes this works where the PL customize plugin does not because of the precedence of the calls made for code in page load.

#3 gmoggel

gmoggel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

so the syntax/code seems correct to you? adding this to custom css doesnt do anything either. i added this:

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17975 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi,

If you wish to add a unordered list to the Hero section, then you will need to give the <ul> a custom class and then add custom CSS to style your list.

However, an easier method would be to simply use Font Aweome, which will do the hard work for you. For example - 

All I used was the code given on our Font Awesome documentation - 

Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the section called Lists, I used the multi-colored code.