Photo
- - - - -

could not connect to live chat

Best Answer catrina , 28 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

In order to troubleshoot your issue, please attempt the following steps:

1. Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard. Visit PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account
2. Click on the Reset Account Credentials button
3. Once reset, re-enter your PageLines username and password and then click on the Submit Credentials button.
4. If entered correctly you should receive the following message: "Successfully logged in as "Username" to PageLines with a secured connection. Professional/Developer edition enabled. Active Plus account."
5. If you received this message, visit Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Live Chat and you should be able to connect.

Also, when you are logging in to live chat, do not click the campfire image as that is not the login button. Instead, click the "sign in" button as shown in this screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/gjxWMjLdp. If you have previously clicked the campfire image in the hopes of logging in, you will need to clear your browser cache completely in order to see the login window as displayed in the screenshot.

If that doesn't work, then would it be possible for you to install a free application called Jing. Jing captures anything on you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.

Once installed, can you record the steps you take to login to live chat and then provide us with a link to the screencast so we can view the issue first hand at http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 adinanta

adinanta

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hello,

I have problem connecting to the pageline support live chat and does not seem to accept my username and password. I am a plus subscriber. anyone has problem with live chat ?

Thanks

Harry Adinanta 

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:58 PM   Best Answer

In order to troubleshoot your issue, please attempt the following steps:

1. Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard. Visit PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account
2. Click on the Reset Account Credentials button
3. Once reset, re-enter your PageLines username and password and then click on the Submit Credentials button.
4. If entered correctly you should receive the following message: "Successfully logged in as "Username" to PageLines with a secured connection. Professional/Developer edition enabled. Active Plus account."
5. If you received this message, visit Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Live Chat and you should be able to connect.

Also, when you are logging in to live chat, do not click the campfire image as that is not the login button. Instead, click the "sign in" button as shown in this screenshot:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you have previously clicked the campfire image in the hopes of logging in, you will need to clear your browser cache completely in order to see the login window as displayed in the screenshot.

If that doesn't work, then would it be possible for you to install a free application called Jing. Jing captures anything on you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.

Once installed, can you record the steps you take to login to live chat and then provide us with a link to the screencast so we can view the issue first hand at

#3 allanlove

allanlove

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts
  • LocationBanbury, UK
  • Framework Version:DMS Developer

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hi

I have the same problem here, i can't log in to the live chat and i am a Plus user.

I have followed the instructions above to reset my account credentials and still no joy.

I have used Jing to capture what happens when i try to log in. I tried to log in twice and the same thing happened both times, the screen doesn't change and the user name and password that i entered just vanish!

Please help as i need some advice and think the live chat would be very useful to me.

Allan 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

@Allan,

Make sure you have added your PageLines username and password to PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account. Once entered attempt to login to Live chat again.

#5 allanlove

allanlove

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts
  • LocationBanbury, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Danny

I did add my username and password to the Your Account section and got the message "Successfully logged in as "allanlove" to PageLines with a secured connection.

Developer edition enabled. Active Plus account."

Then i went to live chat to log in and that's where i hit the problem?

Allan 

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Can you please take a screenshot of what you see when you try to log into chat?

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Could be a cookie problem, have you tried another browser, or using the plus page on pagelines.com?

#8 allanlove

allanlove

Advanced Member

• Members

• 61 posts
  • LocationBanbury, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Ok, if i log in using Firefox instead of Safari then it works!!

Thanks

Allan 

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi Allan. It was most likely a browser caching issue from a previous login attempt. You can try clearing your Safari cache if you'd like to see if that helps. :)

#10 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I am not able to login to my pagelines plus account to access the "live chat."  I downloaded Firefox and am using Firefox now instead of Safari.  I have cleared cookies and cache.  Pagelines bills me $19 each month and have I not used the service in a long, long time.  The error message I when I try to access live chat is "You will need to add PageLines Plus to your account." I cannot find "Reset Account Credentials" button.  Nineteen dollars is pretty expensive not to have access to the feature when you need the immediate assistance.  Thank you in advance for your help.

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

When you go to PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account, what do you see? Can you please take a screenshot and post it here?

#12 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I believe that the platform pro file I uploaded isn't working properly.  I can log into the forum but don't see the "PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account." Now the forum isn't allowing me to post with my photos. Deleted photos and trying to post just this text.

#13 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

#14 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

@

PltformPro does not have the 'dashboard' area in wordpress admin.

This was added to PageLines Framework.

You screenshots show the PlatformPro settings area, click on the misc settings tab and add your launchpad details and you should be able to update to 1.6

#15 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hi Simon!  I have tried that before I posted for help because I wanted to update to 1.6.  Just tried again and I get the Pagelines "Your Products" page with no success in updating.  ;-(

#16 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

OK, your logged in there to Launchpad on our server, from there you could download the zip and upload the zip manually.

Your 1st screenshot shows you logged into your server and the PlatformPro setting page, thats where you need to add your credentials.

#17 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I deleted and uploaded pagelines.zip file.  The screen does not appear corrupted.  I have clicked on "reset account credentials" and the screen shows logged in as kellycrisp.  I am still prevented from accessing livechat. 

Screen Shot 5

Screen Shot 6

#18 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

OK now you have downloaded and installed PageLines Framework.

BTW you do not even have a PLUS subscription. So the live chat will be disabled.

#19 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Then why am I being charged $19.00 each month?

#20 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

You are being charged on your other account. kellyc214