37 replies to this topic

#1 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hi,

i am not able to upload any settings.dat to my pagelines installation. This issue occurs on 2 different webservers and on any wp-installation (new installations without plugins). The error-logs dont have an entry according to this. We discussed it in the live chat and the moderator (i cannot remember her name) was able to import my .dat-file on her server - so the file itself is not the problem. I want to run my live-website with pagelines and therefore i need to import the settings from my sandbox-site. So i hope to solve the problem here in the forum.

I have made a new wp-installation to reproduce the issue - it is on www.neurofx.net/pagelines - please pm me for the login data. I hope you can find out the reason by uploading any settings.dat on this installation.

Regards, Guido

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hi,

If one of our staff members were able to successfully install the theme settings file, this is most likely related to your servers configuration. Would it be possible for you to provide your servers php info as well as enable PageLines debug (Site Options > Advanced). Once you have provided this we will be able to investigate further.

#3 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Debug is enabled, php info see www.neurofx.net/info.php

The problem is at least on two different servers, i have an other one with the same issue.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hi,

You do not have the PageLines Sections plugin installed, please install it and then run the import again please.

#5 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

The Pagelines Sections plugin is installed but same problem.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Once last thing before we properly inspect your server setup, on the site you have exported the settings from, did the site have any custom CSS ?

If so, can you please remove the custom CSS and then export the theme settings again please and see if that file imports correctly. In the past some users who had a similar issue, had minor errors in their custom CSS, which caused the white screen.

#7 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Done. Unfortunately this was not the reason - whitescreen is still here

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

hmm, OK, well at least we can rule that out. I will need to speak to one of our developers and see what could be the cause of this, it is most likely server related. I will report here when I have more information for you.

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

You have to enable wordpress debug. In wp-config.php

#10 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

debug ist set true now - but i dont see any message on the whitescreen

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Well if thats set to true, then your server config is forcing errors to be suppressed. You should speak to your host. A white screen in wordpress is 99.9% of the time a PHP error.

#12 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I allready did that, but the logfiles did not display any line according to that event - this on both servers! The support guys tell me that the issue is within the theme...

Can you see anything wrong in php info?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

or

#13 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Hi Guido,

I'm afraid I'm not strong enough on php to be able to go through the link you've provided and spot any errors successfully. However, have you checked with the host that the Php memory limit is set to over 128mb in php.ini file? Or any alterations to the functions.php?

Unfortunately this is quite a common wordpress issue, this link might be able to help you track it down further and there's some solutions suggested there as well which could help-

and 

#14 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Update:

It is not like my websites are on a crappy host ;) It is a virtual server with 256MB php memory and a huge amount of php-apps can be installed per one click. So i hope, the most common sources of errors can be excluded.

At least i set the logging level of the webserver to E_ALL, debug in WP and Pagelines on - but still no message in the error logfile.

What could be the next step? My webhost says that they wont support third party applications.

#15 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

php settings

I have made exactly the same Pagelines installation on a cheap webhost with 90MB php memory and other limitations - without the whitescreen issue.
So i asume that it must be a uncommon (maybe not the core) php setting which does not match which the Pagelines-Import function. All other reasons can be excluded so far.
The php configuration is here

- some of them do not work with Pagelines.

But where to look at? All values which belong to PHP_INI_ALL or PHP_INI_PERDIR can be changed in the htaccess. Is there a checklist of essential php settings for Pagelines?

#16 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Look at your display_errors settings, they are all off.

error_reporting is set to 337

As you can see here 

377 is not one of them.

I can see its a VPS, did you configure this yourself? Or is someone doing it for you?

As your running PHP in the very insecure mod_php mode with apache running as user 'nobody' you should be able to change php values in the .htaccess file.

We cannot setup your server/vps for you, the Framework has been tested in the 10 leading shared hosts and countless default PHP setups.

#17 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I did not configure the VPS. The setup is provided by the host, which is also a leading host in germany. I cannot tell if it is a good setting or not because i have no experience in webhosting and php at all.

Btw, I have no doubt that Pagelines has been well tested ;-).

According to Your info i set temporarily the error reporting to 30719 - and for the first time i received a message in the error log:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: 00 in ../wp-includes/locale.php on line 257, referer: ../wp-admin/plugins.php?deactivate-multi=true&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s=
PHP Notice: Undefined index: 00 in ../wp-includes/locale.php on line 257, referer: ../wp-admin/admin.php?page=PageLines-Admin
PHP Notice: Undefined index: 00 in ../wp-includes/locale.php on line 257, referer: ../wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines_templates
PHP Notice: Undefined index: 00 in ../wp-includes/locale.php on line 257, referer: ../wp-admin/admin.php?page=PageLines-Admin

I hope this gives us a hint?

#18 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Still doesn't really show anything.

Can you attach your settings file so i can look at it?

#19 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

That´s not possible - i get this error message:

PageLines-Settings-20130104.dat

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

Downloadlink:

#20 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yea there is absolutely nothing wrong with the file, i imported it to my standalone site and a multisite with all debugging on, and got no errors at all.

Your host is right, they will not support anything you install on your VPS, thats the point of a VPS, you do it yourself ;)

My advice is to look at your PHP configuration again.

As i said before:

As your running PHP in the very insecure mod_php mode with apache running as user 'nobody' you should be able to change php values in the .htaccess file.

Also noticed your running hardened PHP, do you know how to set that up?

Did you compile php and set it up your self? Or was it a one-click installer?