Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whitescreen after importing settings

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

i am not able to upload any settings.dat to my pagelines installation. This issue occurs on 2 different webservers and on any wp-installation (new installations without plugins). The error-logs dont have an entry according to this. We discussed it in the live chat and the moderator (i cannot remember her name) was able to import my .dat-file on her server - so the file itself is not the problem. I want to run my live-website with pagelines and therefore i need to import the settings from my sandbox-site. So i hope to solve the problem here in the forum.

I have made a new wp-installation to reproduce the issue - it is on www.neurofx.net/pagelines - please pm me for the login data. I hope you can find out the reason by uploading any settings.dat on this installation.

Regards, Guido

37 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Debug is enabled, php info see www.neurofx.net/info.php

The problem is at least on two different servers, i have an other one with the same issue.

Posted · Report post

After uploading the settings.dat suhosin can be enabled again. If it is not needed to upload settings files every day, one can live with this issue.

To workaround general uploadproblems with suhosin you can whitelist uploads in the php.ini with the following syntax:

suhosin.executor.include.whitelist = upload://

BUT in this case it does not help... maybe it is a real bug in pagelines or in suhosin..

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You do not have the PageLines Sections plugin installed, please install it and then run the import again please.

Posted · Report post

The Pagelines Sections plugin is installed but same problem.

Posted · Report post

Once last thing before we properly inspect your server setup, on the site you have exported the settings from, did the site have any custom CSS ?

If so, can you please remove the custom CSS and then export the theme settings again please and see if that file imports correctly. In the past some users who had a similar issue, had minor errors in their custom CSS, which caused the white screen.

Posted · Report post

Done. Unfortunately this was not the reason - whitescreen is still here

Posted · Report post

hmm, OK, well at least we can rule that out. I will need to speak to one of our developers and see what could be the cause of this, it is most likely server related. I will report here when I have more information for you.

Posted · Report post

You have to enable wordpress debug. In wp-config.php

Posted · Report post

debug ist set true now - but i dont see any message on the whitescreen

Posted · Report post

Well if thats set to true, then your server config is forcing errors to be suppressed. You should speak to your host. A white screen in wordpress is 99.9% of the time a PHP error.

Posted · Report post

To the original poster - is this resolved or are you still seeing issues?