Photo
- - - - -

Morefoot Expanded to twice the size after Upgrade

Best Answer Rob , 30 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Checking one of my legacy sites, Morefoot Sidebar was indeed one of the options for the Header in PlatformPro, so you're right. You did not use it, however, it does not belong in the Header in Framework.  It was a mistake to have allowed it to be there in PlatformPro, so fixing it in Framework, or adding it now is impossible. It's not designed to go there, and we don't recommend its being present in the Header.

The errors you're seeing, or changes in CSS are the result of misplacement and can't be resolved by correcting CSS.  The solution is to remove the Morefoot sidebar from the Header entirely, replacing it with one of the current, standard options.  Now that's said, let me say that our standard options are anything but standard. They offer great options for flexibility.  The Branding Area, for example, will include your logo, but there's nothing to stop you from adding hooks to it, or using Boxes, or even more elaborately, a Full-Width or Universal Sidebar to which you add and a text widget, the content of which you align like boxes. You can even apply plugin-based options, such as WP-Boxer, with its Content Blocks.

The problem for us is that since Framework doesn't have the Morefoot columns sidebar in the Header, we really can't offer solutions other than recommending replacing it, promptly.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hi Support - I've spent a week trying to figure this out and its driving me crazy....

I have two sites where I'm using the morefoot widgets as a header for the site - left has logo, middle has text and right has a text with html for a booking option.

www.hotelsanjorgepr.com

www.hotelmiramarpr.com

After the most recent update - the morefoot area has gotten twice as high than previously.

I tried using css to change height - but this just confused the page with overlayed areas.

I have a similar situation in www.puertoricohotelreservations.com but kind of did a temp fix...

So somehow I'm missing the morefoot settings in firebug... or is there a new surrounding structure?

The problem repeats when I also use this in footers.

Any idea of what area I need to change?  

Thanks!

Richard

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Richard, 

The Morefoot columns are not available for the Header section, normally.  How did you make this happen? Was it a customized section you built?

#3 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I just went to Drag and Drop, selected Header and Morefoot Sidebar is one of the available options - so I just dragged and dropped it...

I didn't do anything special... no custom coding... its just part of the standard theme...

It was fine before the latest upgrade... but now has lots of extra space...

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

This is so odd, since I don't have the Morefoot Sidebars available in my header.  That's why I was asking.

When I look at your site and its code, I don't see any Morefoot Sidebars in the header.  I do see header-related sections in there, as normal, and I see the Morefoot sidebars, empty, located below a row of boxes.

As indicated in the image below, the area where the arrows point is where your Morefoot Sections are located.

Attached Files

#5 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

The widgets are placed into the three more foot sidebars on the widgets page...

morefoot sidebars is dragged and dropped into the header...

it displays OK on the page, except it is much too wide...

Attached images show header and widgets page with text and simple image widgets....

Attached Files

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Can you take a snapshot of the Drag & Drop setup for your Header section?

Please submit a copy of your Header, with all the possible sections available. I need to show this to my developers.

Attached Files

#7 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Attached...  two screenshots since the list is long...

Attached Files

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi,

As Rob has already stated, the Morefoot section is only available in the MoreFoot and Footer template areas, In order for that section to be available in the Header Template area, you have edited the sections section.php file on the Workswith line.

I have installed PageLines Frameworks on several test sites and not once was this section available in the Header. We do not recommend editing the core code and its something we do not support.

#9 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Believe me... I have not edited any code.... I wouldn't have a clue how to do it....

These sites were both created at the same time using Platform Pro/Platform Base and then upgraded to Framework.

The were just fine under Pro/Base and only 'grew' after upgrading to Framework.

This may be a legacy issue where they 'snuck in' during the upgrade to Framework...

Any ideas how I can replicate the look using other drag/drop elements?

Any idea why these items are still available for the header area and how I can get the 'correct' elements showing up?

Is there a css command that I would use in the correct morefoot area that might work even though its in the wrong place?

I know when I converted other sites to Framework, features css was slightly changed to replicate the look (I think it became a section) - is there a simple fix like this that I could try and see if css will work?

For consideration - the morefoot works wonderfully in the header for layout purposes.. so if this can be addressed, it might give others added flexibility in layout and design.... Thanks!!!!!!

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:32 PM   Best Answer

Checking one of my legacy sites, Morefoot Sidebar was indeed one of the options for the Header in PlatformPro, so you're right. You did not use it, however, it does not belong in the Header in Framework.  It was a mistake to have allowed it to be there in PlatformPro, so fixing it in Framework, or adding it now is impossible. It's not designed to go there, and we don't recommend its being present in the Header.

The errors you're seeing, or changes in CSS are the result of misplacement and can't be resolved by correcting CSS.  The solution is to remove the Morefoot sidebar from the Header entirely, replacing it with one of the current, standard options.  Now that's said, let me say that our standard options are anything but standard. They offer great options for flexibility.  The Branding Area, for example, will include your logo, but there's nothing to stop you from adding hooks to it, or using Boxes, or even more elaborately, a Full-Width or Universal Sidebar to which you add and a text widget, the content of which you align like boxes. You can even apply plugin-based options, such as WP-Boxer, with its Content Blocks.

The problem for us is that since Framework doesn't have the Morefoot columns sidebar in the Header, we really can't offer solutions other than recommending replacing it, promptly.

#11 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Thanks for the explanation, I'll rebuild with another option... 

But this works so nice, it would be great if you put a 'morehead header' in future versions...

Richard