Photo
- - - - -

Rounded Corners

Best Answer Rob , 27 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page > Page Setup.  You can select a Secondary menu that's global, for posts and pages there.  If you want one for Categories, you'd go to  > Page Options > Category Page > Page Setup and select the menu you want there, etc. for each of the page options available in that part of the Dashboard.  Just remember, you can override at the local page/post level.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Framework Version:PageLines Framework

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hi,

I saw an archived discussion about rounded corners for pagelines framework and the code works partially for me so far. The top of the page has rounded corners but the footer does not, any idea why? Here's the code:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

If you read the code, you'd see it refers to the Branding area, which is the top of the page.  So that explains the location.

Look at the code in the branding tag and you'll see it refers to top-right and top-left.  No where does it mention bottom-right and bottom-left, so of course, it's not going to apply any rounded corners to the bottom of the section.

That said, the application of the top- and bottom- corner curves does not apply to every browser, which is why the footer code includes  webkit and moz

There are also errors and typos in the moz tags there.  Please see:

Also see

#3 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

I fixed the spelling mistakes and checked those links. The branding radius for the bottom was left out on purpose since I only want the top rounded (which it is). However, I cannot get the footer corners to be rounded no matter what. Any hints would be appreciated. I'm still new at CSS so bear with me.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

Those links should guide you towards the correct solution.  The same issue applies for the footer as for the branding issue, except that the code for the footer is using only the bottom left and right corners for curves.  It would appear you have errors in your code somewhere, since I find this at the bottom of your page:

There are also HTML coding errors, CSS errors and such in your construction, found here:

As a result, the footer itself isn't actually showing.  Content you may have had in the footer has been moved to the content area, which does not have the curved corners.   I'd strongly recommend hiring one of our Pros to help diagnose these errors in coding.  They may come from bad CSS code or from deprecated plugins, or possibly just from PlatformPro.  I also see the Google +1 icon in the top left outside the content area, where it doesn't belong, so something's definitely amiss.

PlatformPro is now a deprecated product itself.  The final update to 1.6.0 was released shortly before Christmas.  Your safest bet to resolve all this would be to upgrade promptly to Framework as PlatformPro will not be upgraded again.  Did you run the 1.6 update?

#5 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

It's already on pagelines framework but I think a lot of those errors are caused by plugins including the junk you see in the footer. 

Thanks.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I'll then correct your profile, as you are listed under PlatformPro.

#7 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

One last unrelated question: I noticed that pagelines isn't showing secondary nav on pages, just posts/tags etc. Any idea why? The template setup has it. 

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Do you have a secondary menu set up in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus?

On the page where the secondary menu is supposed to appear, do you have that secondary menu selected in the PageLines Meta Settings?

#9 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thanks, it was a matter of enabling it in the meta settings. Is there a way to make it automatically be enabled for any type of post or page rather than have to fool w/the meta settings each time?

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:35 AM   Best Answer

If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page > Page Setup.  You can select a Secondary menu that's global, for posts and pages there.  If you want one for Categories, you'd go to  > Page Options > Category Page > Page Setup and select the menu you want there, etc. for each of the page options available in that part of the Dashboard.  Just remember, you can override at the local page/post level.