Choosing A Specific Slide In Features

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 konfeta

konfeta

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hello, could you please help - I have a Features section on my page, with 3 slides: Business, Personality, Psychology. Each of them has a link to a specific page - and those pages have the same Feature set activated. When landing on the chosen page, I want the Features slider show exactly the slide they come from. I mean, if they choose Business slide and go to the Business page, I want the Business slide to be active on that page. 

I could use post sort order for slides, but it works for the first and the last slide, but not in the "middle" one. How can I have the "middle" slide selected on a page?

Thanks

link to the page if necessary: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2111 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi konfeta, if i understand.. i believe that

You can use different features on each page.
First Create features 1, features 2, features 3 (for example) with the order you like.

Then you can assign different features to each page, you go to 
Edit Page > Pagelines Meta Settings > Features
and select the feature # as you like.

#3 konfeta

konfeta

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Then you can assign different features to each page, you go to 
Edit Page > Pagelines Meta Settings > Features
and select the feature # as you like.

Thank you for your answer, but there's no place to select the feature #. I can assign only a "Feature-set" to display per page. This is a good temporary idea, but I had to make 4 Feature sets with the same slides to solve this issue. One set is general, displaying on the starting page; other three sets for displaying on landing pages.

So now it looks like that and works, indeed:

Set #1 assigned for the page #1 with sort order "Post-ID - Ascending"

Set #2 assigned for the page #2 with sort order "Post-ID - Descending"

Set #3 assigned for the page #3 with sort order "Title - Ascending"

And I had to rename one feature's title to make it match the Title-Ascending sort order. I didn't like the idea to obey the pagelines features section in writing the texts for my website :)

Yes it works, but I think it shouldn't be like that. Either I do something wrong using Features incorrectly, or there's something wrong with the Features :)

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

There seems to be some misunderstanding here about sliders in general.

This issue isn't about the order of the slides. It's about the Sets selected.

If you go to Dashboard > Features > Sets you probably have one feature set created.  Let's do four in total.  One for each slide PLUS the original that has each slide now.  So make a new set, for example, called "Business" and assign the Business slide to that set.  Do the same for each of the other two slides.

On your homepage (or where you want the three slides together), presumably a static page, scroll down to the PageLines Meta Settings, click the Features tab and select the Feature Set that contains all three slides.  Now that page will display all three.

Now, go to the Business page, go again to the Features tab in Meta Settings and instead of selecting the one set you had originally, now, select the new Business set you created, which ONLY has the Business slide assigned to it.   When you save, the only slide that will display will be the Business slide as desired.

Once you do this for your other specific pages so that each displays their corresponding set only, your problem will be resolved without coding.  Here's more about Features and how they work:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I heartily recommend reading the docs. It can save much work and great frustrations.

#5 konfeta

konfeta

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Now, go to the Business page, go again to the Features tab in Meta Settings and instead of selecting the one set you had originally, now, select the new Business set you created, which ONLY has the Business slide assigned to it.   When you save, the only slide that will display will be the Business slide as desired.

Thank you Rob but this is not what I wanted, actually. I still want all THREE slides showing on the Business page, but the active one should be Business, not any other. But others should be still available in the slider.

And the same for other two pages - I want all three slides there and one of them active and visible. Is it possible somehow?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm sorry. I'm confused. If a slide is inactive and invisible, then its not there.  So you want all slides showing on each page, but how is the slide to be "active and visible"?  And the other two are supposed to be visible but inactive; or invisible and inactive? Can you clarify?

The way I described it, when you get to the Business page, for example, the Business slide would be visible and active, while the other two would be invisible, and inactive.  They're still in the main set, but not in the set shown on the Business page.

If you mean that you don't want the secondary sliders (not applicable to the Business page) to be unlinked, then you need to, again, create a specific slide set for the Business page, and include all three slides, but you'll need to recreate each slide and leave out links for the secondary slides.