Photo
- - - - -

Content Sidebar And Alternatives

Best Answer batman , 24 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi again

This is one solution.

You can use the universal sidebar which can be added pretty much anywhere (Simon_P´s reply to the other topic)

Only one thing. I´m batman no superman.

:)

Carlos

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines 2.37

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Superman pointed me to the PL Documentation on the Content Sidebar, and it appears that it can only be added to the Default Template and to a Blog Page. I've been trying to add it to Template 3, but if that's the case, no wonder I couldn't find it.

What I'm trying to do is make a page where the main content consists of a number of block-like div or widget sections, for logged in users to come access all their personal options. So in one block floating left, they'll have a link to their message center. Floating right, they'll have a link to their user files. Below that, floating left, a link to their booked events. Floating right, next to that, a link to their database history, or whatever. And so on, three or four rows deep, two (or possibly three) columns wide. I want the interface to be primarily graphical. Perhaps I can do this with a columns shortcode or something, but that would exclude my using any widgets. Anybody know the easiest way to achieve this?

Thanks.

#2 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I just found a simple third-party plugin that turns any widget into a shortcode. I went to my page editor/HTML, threw the widget shortcode in a styled and positioned div, and that did the trick. I think I can achieve what I'm looking for this way, but if there's a purely Pagelines solution, I'd love to know about it.

Peace.

#3 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2085 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:10 PM   Best Answer

Hi again

This is one solution.

You can use the universal sidebar which can be added pretty much anywhere (Simon_P´s reply to the other topic)

Only one thing. I´m batman no superman.

:)

Carlos

• thomstark likes this

#4 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

lol. Weird. I could've sworn I wrote Batman. Oh well. 

Also yeah, I forgot about the universal sidebar, but I'm already using it on every page in another place. That would be the solution though were I not. This plugin I found is real nice though. You throw the widget in any number of it's sidebars, and you just put the shortcode for that sidebar anywhere you want to.

#5 brianocar

brianocar

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi thomstark,

What's the name of the third-party plugin you used?

#6 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

"Widgets on Pages"

• brianocar likes this

#7 brianocar

brianocar

• Members
  • 6 posts