#1 osgzach

osgzach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWI, USA
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

On my front page,  when I use a Featured Image in a post,  the thumbnail shows up cropped/resized from its original dimensions to  150x150  (I think the border code causes it to shrink more too, but I can get rid of that easy enough)

However the base image is untouched and displays fine, in my  Recent Posts  sidebar Widget.

I've tried investigating the matter but am somewhat at a loss as to  what I need to modify, and where  (and I'm pretty sure its not CSS).

I've been through the control panel half a dozen times and I can't locate any kind of  "default thumbnail size"  option,  or anything.   Kind of dissapointed about that, to be honest.

Anyone happen to know what I need to modify and where I can find it?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hi there, the thumbnail settings are pulled through from the wordpress settings. If you go to settings>media from the wp dash you'll see the field to reset the thumbnail size.

However, this will only appear on new thumbnails, to get existing thumbnails to resize you'll need to regenerate them using this plugin

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• osgzach likes this

#3 osgzach

osgzach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWI, USA
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Thanks a lot for that info!   I don't have a lot of images, just the one I was testing,  and my site banner which was assigned via Pagelines (which seems to stay unaffected, thankfully).

I had forgotten about that part of the WP options..   Although now I am curious,  would you be able to tell me what the  Medium and Large  size specifications  apply to / affect ?

That fixed that issue, now I just have to mess with the CSS and maybe it looks like some generated HTML or something, according to firebug,  its gotten almost to full size, but not quite

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

You're welcome, wp has built in options for the image sizes which plugins and some themes will make use of, as far as I'm aware we only use the thumbnail size.

You'll be able to edit the size to change the thumbnail coverage, border effects etc.