Photo
- - - - -

Image Edit Problems

image edit

Best Answer Danny , 20 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

I just ran your site through a Reverse IP checker and found that you have over 100 websites on the same server you have your site on. Although, this is no where as high as the record that was previously set by a user who had over 1000 websites on the same server as his site.

This means you're using a shared hosting plan/package from your host provider. The shared hosting plan/packages are not meant to be great on performance, but cheap hosting.

With web hosting you most certainly get what you pay and if you're unhappy with the performance, then I recommend you either upgrade your plan/package with your current host or change host. We recommend the following:

https://www.zippykid.com/

http://wpengine.com/

Also, regarding your issue with the popup media editor, I am unable to reproduce your issue, I have no problem clicking on it and it loading, regardless of how many times I click on it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 travisbrandon

travisbrandon

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please see above video. When I try to edit image within post, by clicking the upper left corner, a blank box pops up with no edit options. On occasion (as you'll see in the video) the box actually does pop up with options. Deactivating plugins does not help. Switching to twenty twelve theme corrects the issue, but when i switch back to pagelines, the same thing happens. Please advise.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

The video shows this working as intended. However, one thing I noticed in that video is how long your site takes to load, this is most likely the cause of the issue. On my test site, which is using the latest version of Wordpress and PageLines I have no such issue.

When you click on the edit image icon and the popup appears, leave it for a while and see if it is just taking a while to load.

#3 travisbrandon

travisbrandon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yes sometimes it loads but mostly it does not. In the video, the second time that I click on image edit and blank box pops up, even if I leave it for a few minutes it does not load. Load time overall has been an issue for me with pagelines, not just with image edit. This was never a problem when I used platform pro, so I think you are onto something. Would you like my login credentials so you can see for yourself?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:27 PM   Best Answer

I just ran your site through a Reverse IP checker and found that you have over 100 websites on the same server you have your site on. Although, this is no where as high as the record that was previously set by a user who had over 1000 websites on the same server as his site.

This means you're using a shared hosting plan/package from your host provider. The shared hosting plan/packages are not meant to be great on performance, but cheap hosting.

With web hosting you most certainly get what you pay and if you're unhappy with the performance, then I recommend you either upgrade your plan/package with your current host or change host. We recommend the following:

Also, regarding your issue with the popup media editor, I am unable to reproduce your issue, I have no problem clicking on it and it loading, regardless of how many times I click on it.

#5 travisbrandon

travisbrandon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

bummer i was on dreamhost and recently switched to vps, thought i was making the right move! Thanks for your advice. I will look into this!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Please keep us updated.

#7 travisbrandon

travisbrandon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I am now hosting with zippykid. The load times are significantly better and I don't have to use any complicated caching plugins. Thanks again for your advice!

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

No problem!