Photo
- - - - -

Navbar And Fixed Navbar On Small Screens

Best Answer Danny , 20 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi,

I never noticed this before, but I have never used both menus together. I have reported this as a possible bug on your behalf, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 loraxio

loraxio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 54 posts
  • Framework Version:3.4.2

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Anyone else notice that the NavBar and Fixed NavBar both open at the same time when clicking on one or the other when in "small screen" mode?<br />
<br />
I would think it would be better/more intuitive UI if only the one menu opened that was touched. <br />
<br />
I am working up a new test site here <a href='

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

'>

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

</a>

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hi there, I would imagine this is due to the fact they have the same id/slugs and that its something to do with the way it opens on touch screen and mobile devices.

The navbar and fixed nav are part of the twitter bootstrap integration so if its something they updated/coded in the future it would be included in the Framework. Unfortunately they'd be the only ones who's have the ability to edit it or make any changes. But its a great idea if any third party developers are looking to create anything similar.

#3 loraxio

loraxio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 54 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hmmmm, does it not bother anyone else that they have the same id?  Or is it just me?  That seems like a framework issue not a bootstrap issue that the template give the same id to the fixed NavBar and the main navigation NavBar.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16376 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:58 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

I never noticed this before, but I have never used both menus together. I have reported this as a possible bug on your behalf, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

#5 loraxio

loraxio

Advanced Member

• Members

• 54 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thanks a bunch Danny!