Photo
- - - - -

Hiding Modal Content On Every Page

Best Answer thomstark , 20 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hiding the div just made the modal invisible when called. Turns out, however, that I can just leave the html version of the modal in a sidebar text widget with no href link and it stays hidden until called. Too simple. Thanks, James. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines 2.37

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hi. I need to put the content for my login modal on every page, in the main body, hidden somewhere. It needs to be there regardless of what template I'm using. That way I can just use the html link: <a href="#myModal" class="texttrigger" data-toggle="modal">Login</a>

...and call it out from anywhere on the page. If I put the content in the header or the footer, it screws up my css styling for the modal, so it needs to be in the main content section, but regardless of the template, in a hidden div or something.

Is this possible, and how could I do this? Thanks for your time.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

You could try putting it inside its own div and then hiding the div using css. Or inside a contentbox in the drag and drop and then hiding it on the page using the page meta settings.

#3 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Nice. I'll give that second one a shot first. Thanks.

#4 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:23 PM   Best Answer

Hiding the div just made the modal invisible when called. Turns out, however, that I can just leave the html version of the modal in a sidebar text widget with no href link and it stays hidden until called. Too simple. Thanks, James.