Photo
- - - - -

Custom Bootstrap Grid?

grid bootstrap

Best Answer jbrouwer , 20 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Well. I guess it is not worth the trouble. Will think of another layout.

Great!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hi,

Just trying out the 12 columns bootstrap grid system. Although it is very flexible it seems that is not flexible enough for my needs. I would like to have a row with 5 (equal width) columns and a row with two (equal widths) columns. I could settle for 5 columns with unequal width, but that is just not it :)

Tried the 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

tool to make a 10 columns grid. Loaded the new stylesheets in a new section, but it breaks the layout... 

Therefore, my question, can I somehow replace the 12 columns grid with a 10 columns grid for that specific section (dequeue the style or something)?

Or... Do I overlook another solution which is possible with a 12 columns grid?

Related question: can we also use all the 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

options?

Thanks!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hi there, we only have the 12 grid solution built in which is part of the twitter bootstrap setup. You could try editing the column width with css to enable the 5 columns to span the width of the page. I wouldn't think a third party plugin would work as it could conflict with the existing inbuilt grid.

Bootstrap is loaded into Pagelines so any of those options are able to be activated inside the framework, anything you want to add into the site outside of using the shortcode, copy and past the html examples bootstrap provides and edit to suit.

#3 jbrouwer

jbrouwer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:31 PM   Best Answer

Well. I guess it is not worth the trouble. Will think of another layout.

Great!