Photo
- - - - -

Jigoshop Products Page Layout Problem

Best Answer James B , 21 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Ok i've logged in and had a look around, looking at the templates and the setup, you seem to have done everything correctly but I couldn't say 100% as my Italian's a little rusty :)

I tried to switch the themes over to see if anything changes but the other themes seemed to be hidden. So if you could also switch over to the default to see if now the css is loading whether the shop page displays correctly or not. If it does load correctly then this will be isolated to the theme and you'd need to contact the theme author at http://www.pagelines.../themes/ignite/

I think the problem lies within the plugins you have installed, i can see they've all been deactivated in the plugins menu except the the jigoshop plugins. However, all the inactive plugins are still alive and working the admin area. For example the translation plugin is deactivated, but the site is still translating and the mobile menu plugin is inactive but the tab and options are still available in the dashboard. This seems to be the same for the rest of the plugins on the site, so something not working properly there. Is it a multisite?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Hello, I've set up my site and starting with Jigoshop, I've the Pagelines Jigoshop plugin installed.

Everything is working well but the products page is messed up and text in buttons are white instead of black:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

what can I do to have it whit the same layout of the rest of my website?

Please be specific because I'm not a css expert at all.

Thanks in advance

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Hello there,

First thing i'd suggest is to deactivate any other third party plugins to see if there is a conflict with jigoshop. If the layout reverts back to how it is meant to be, then go through the plugins one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

In order to change the button colors using css you'd need to follow the guidelines laid out here

I'd advise you download firebug or use google chromes developer tools to find the Id's and Classes as in the tutorial, they'll really help.

To find out more on css check out

#3 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Thanks James,

I already tried to deactivate plugins, nothing happened.

#4 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Additional Info, might help,

if I switch to Transarency theme (that's not what I want) the Products page works as it supposed to be, except the single product page where I still have a duplication of description, iformation, etc. tabs

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

HI,

Can you revert back to PageLines Framework and also do the following:

Disable all non-PageLines plugins

Enable PageLines debug, the option is in PageLines > Site Options > Advanced

Once you have done the above, can you please reply here informing us please.

#6 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hi Danny,

I did it, now the website is just a list of links

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Hi there,

I've checked your debug screen and it appears 'Posix functions are disabled on this host', which could be causing a problem. I've spoken to one of our developers for you and they've advised to do the following which might be able to fix this for you.

Looking at the source code you're using the base theme. In the base theme's functions.php add the following code in the functions area and save.

Then clear all the caches and refresh your site to see if there is a difference.

If that has made no difference ( writing a css file just wont work ) then your need to add the following code to wp-config.php (you'll need to do this via ftp or cpanel in your hosting account) above the line that says /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

#8 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Hi James,

thank you very much but probably I misunderstood what Danny wrote.

I switched to Base theme, because I thought I had to do that for debugging, but I'm using Ignite theme.

Would these changes be ok also on the Ignite theme?

If not, I've just switched back to the Ignite theme, could you please check this out again?

Sorry for the inconvenience

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

If you're using a premium theme you can put the 1st line of code in the functions.php of the child theme. If the author of the theme ever issued an update and you updated the code would be overwritten, so keep a note of it somewhere so that you can paste back in if that ever happened.

#10 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hi James,

I did what you said, nothing changed except that now my menu is completely messed up, :(

what now?

#11 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

anyone?

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hi there, can you reset your permalinks again in settings>permalinks. Make sure pagelines debug is still on in the Site options>advanced tab for us.

#13 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi James,

I did it, I set permalinks with default settings and debug is on

#14 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Excellent, we're checking. Have you disabled jigoshop? Your store page is going to a page of Pagelines boxes.

#15 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

No, I didn't disabled jigoshop, but changing the permalinks probably caused some navigation problem.

Now I set them as before, Date and name, so you should see the store

#16 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

I can see it now, css styling is showing on the page too, which is good. You seem to have some alignment issues on the posts though, has anyone edited any custom css for main layout when developing your site?

If you could setup a new user with admin status and pm me the login details we'll login at some point this evening and take a look for you.

#17 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Yes, I used firebug to help me doing some custom CSS, and below that's what I have now:

Code link -

#18 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:33 AM   Best Answer

Ok i've logged in and had a look around, looking at the templates and the setup, you seem to have done everything correctly but I couldn't say 100% as my Italian's a little rusty :)

I tried to switch the themes over to see if anything changes but the other themes seemed to be hidden. So if you could also switch over to the default to see if now the css is loading whether the shop page displays correctly or not. If it does load correctly then this will be isolated to the theme and you'd need to contact the theme author at

I think the problem lies within the plugins you have installed, i can see they've all been deactivated in the plugins menu except the the jigoshop plugins. However, all the inactive plugins are still alive and working the admin area. For example the translation plugin is deactivated, but the site is still translating and the mobile menu plugin is inactive but the tab and options are still available in the dashboard. This seems to be the same for the rest of the plugins on the site, so something not working properly there. Is it a multisite?

#19 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi James,

yes it's a multisite, that's why. I think  the problem is the theme since if I activate Transparency theme there's no problem.

I prefer to don't switch again the theme because any time I do it, when I switch back, I have to reset widgets and other stuff and, sincerely, after many times it's such a pain in the ass.

I'll try to contact the author hoping he will reply soon or I will throw away the f****n jigoshop

Anyway thanks for the support.

#20 infojerrytattoocom

infojerrytattoocom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Another problem.

since the codes I put in wp-config.php and in function.php wasn't doing anything good for my website I deleted them and I was sure to have back my menu, well it's not. In the menu I still have links to pages that don't exist, they're not in my menu and I don't know how to delete them.

Any Idea to solve this?