• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 creativeadventures

creativeadventures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

As the title says, I want to be able to have two different sections in separate columns in "Page Templates". Is this possible?

I've bought the "Anything Boxes"-section and want to use it in two columns. With one fetching blog posts and the other fetching custom post types.

Best wishes,

Magnus

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Hi Magnus 

Unfortunately there's no way to split the page-template area in to columns which would accept sections via the drag and drop area. I'm not sure how anything boxes works but if its activated via shortcodes you could use the Pagelines Grid shortcodes to wrap the shortcodes from the plugin, that way you could achieve that effect. 

Otherwise i would advise contacting the plugin author, he might be able to offer a solution or advise if thats something which could be achieved using that plugin.

#3 creativeadventures

creativeadventures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for the answer James. I will send an email to Adam. 

When I buy extensions in the store, are they stored somewhere on my FTP so I can modify them? I can't find them.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Store sections are installed in:

wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/

#5 creativeadventures

creativeadventures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks! Is it possible to customize these plugins using "Pagelines Customize Plugin"? I tried copying the folder into wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/sections/anything-boxes but it doesn't work?

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

The PageLines Customize plugin is intended for making customization in the core theme, not for making customizations in plugins or sections. If you were to copy the Anything Boxes folder into the PageLines Customize folder, neither of them will work.