#21 osgzach

osgzach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWI, USA
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Well, in a case like that.  I likely wouldn't upgrade Wordpress immediately unless it were a bug for a serious security exploit or something that they fixed.  I'm pretty cautious about applying software upgrades willy-nilly in that regard.  But I certainly understand by your own personal experience, why you would place a heavy emphasis on cautioning your customers.

If I were in a situation where I needed to update WP and the plugin either didn't have time to,  or couldn't catch up,  I'd more than likely just disable it for the time being, and set up a temporary  unprotected links page to make due.

In other news, after exploring some more of wpfilebase's options, it really is quite extensive.  I can set individual or multiple files up for access to different user levels  from Admin, all the way down to Subscriber,  and in an emergency I can set files to admin access only.   So,  it looks like the plugin can do quite a lot, including  "members only" type content,  if I decide to switch to that model.   I also created a test account and it does not appear to expose anything via the Dashboard.

So here's to hoping it doesn't fall by the wayside anytime soon.

I may be a bit combative, but I do appreciate the discussion.

#22 osgzach

osgzach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWI, USA
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Well,  it took me a while but I finally migrated my site over to the live web server.

It didn't really go as I had planned, and due to having to make some changes in some files on the web server, and troubleshooting where I placed those changes (not WP/PL related)  I ended up doing a fresh  WP install,  and then installation everything one by one..   Most of my Pagelines settings from the Exporter came through, but I noticed some settings in some option pages  did not.   It was slightly annoying but compared to the other issues I had, it didn't really bother me.   Most of the really important stuff came through fine however..

Got a few more things to do, but the site itself is functional and I have decided I need a sanity break. :sleep:

#23 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

We'll keep this thread open in case you need further assistance.