Photo
- - - - -

Hide Title

Best Answer Danny , 18 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Unfortunately, the only way to hide specific title's of pages is to use CSS, like dennistoun suggested above.

In order to do this, you will need to inspect the page you wish to hide the title on using FireBug or your browsers built-in web developer tools. When you inspect the page, view the <body> tag, where there are a number of classes, one of these classes will look similar to this:

page-id-X

Where X is, there will be a numeric value, this value is your pages ID.

For Example:

Lets say you wish to hide the title on one of your pages and when you inspect the body tag, it has page-id-123. You can use this, in your code, like so:

.page-id-123 .entry-title { display: none; }

You can also do this on your Home page and Blog page. However, these are considered special pages and therefore, are given a unique class.

For your home page you can either use the page-id-X class or simply use the .home class, the same can be done for your blog page, which is given the .blog class.

.home .entry-title { display: none; }
.blog .entry-title { display: none; }
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 arlomiller

arlomiller

• Members

• 100 posts
  • Framework Version:1.1.8

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Some questions on page titles:

1.  how do i prevent the page title from being displayed on a page if i don't want it to appear?

2.  Where do i control the size of the title font?  I've figured out how to specify the sizes for the H1, etc tags in CSS, but my page titles are still in like a 35 point ridiculously huge font.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hi there, you can hide the page titles in Pagelines>Site options>Website Setup, scroll down there's a checkbox to 'show pagetitles automatically'. Uncheck it and the titles will disappear.

The change the sizes of the overall fonts size, you'll need to target the fonts using css. If you've not used css before please check

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

for more guidance and an overview of how it works. All custom code can be placed into Pagelines>site options>custom code.

An example of css being use to edit a font size is below

#3 arlomiller

arlomiller

• Members

• 100 posts
  • Framework Version:1.1.8

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Is there an in between?   Perhaps show title by default, but hide it when I would like to?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hi there, unfortunately not, although it has been suggest for future editions. I'd say the easiest way to replicate would be to turn off the titles and type the page title into the content area using a larger heading, h1,h2 etc. Or if you you don't want to put in the content area maybe use a contentbox or sidebar across the top of the page.

#5 dennistoun

dennistoun

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

I hide page titles on a selective basis with CSS. For example, the title on a page identified as id="post-123" can be hidden with:

#post-123  h1.entry-title {

display: none;

}

Titles can be hidden for an entire post type. For example, if you have created a "videos" post type, you can use

.type-video h1.entry-title {

display:none;

}

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:06 AM   Best Answer

Unfortunately, the only way to hide specific title's of pages is to use CSS, like dennistoun suggested above.

In order to do this, you will need to inspect the page you wish to hide the title on using FireBug or your browsers built-in web developer tools. When you inspect the page, view the <body> tag, where there are a number of classes, one of these classes will look similar to this:

page-id-X

Where X is, there will be a numeric value, this value is your pages ID.

For Example:

Lets say you wish to hide the title on one of your pages and when you inspect the body tag, it has page-id-123. You can use this, in your code, like so:

You can also do this on your Home page and Blog page. However, these are considered special pages and therefore, are given a unique class.

For your home page you can either use the page-id-X class or simply use the .home class, the same can be done for your blog page, which is given the .blog class.