Photo

Enabling Posts To Appear On Specific Pages

posts pages categories

Best Answer Rob , 18 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Beth,

If you're trying to display a blog list of posts but on specific pages you create, then Special Recent Posts plugin is what you want.  If you're trying to achieve a related-posts effect then I'd recommend LinkWithin or other plugins.

I'm noticing you have PlatformPro.  That's now a legacy theme and we've been noticing that in some cases, recent updates to WordPress have affected it.  I'd strongly recommend taking advantage of our Holiday Sale and upgrading to PageLines Framework to avoid these potential problems and lack of support in future.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 bethdruce

bethdruce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi there, 

I have built my site www.eatportesdusoleil.com and created a number of pages. At the moment my posts appear on the home page ONLY, and I would like them to appear on specific pages also. How can I do this? Does it have anything to do with categories? 

Am usually pretty successful at figuring things out trial and error but absolutely can't work this one out. 

Would so appreciate the solution! 

Many thanks 

Beth. 

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

If these posts belong to specific subjects, you can assign specific categories to them and they can be viewed on their own category pages. Is that what you're looking for?

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 AM   Best Answer

Beth,

If you're trying to display a blog list of posts but on specific pages you create, then Special Recent Posts plugin is what you want.  If you're trying to achieve a related-posts effect then I'd recommend LinkWithin or other plugins.

I'm noticing you have PlatformPro.  That's now a legacy theme and we've been noticing that in some cases, recent updates to WordPress have affected it.  I'd strongly recommend taking advantage of our Holiday Sale and upgrading to PageLines Framework to avoid these potential problems and lack of support in future.