Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Navigation Menu Drop Down Menu Alignment & Width

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I'm currently working on a site for a client and they would like me to align the drop down menus on the main nav bar with the main menu item. They would also like the width of the drop downs to be reduced a little too.

Please could you point me in the right direction of where I need to head to edit the css?

Attached is a mock up image of what I'm wanting to do. I'm using the latest release of Pagelines and the Base Child Theme.

http://justinphnoble.com/demo/

Thanks

Justin

post-20576-0-00257600-1355746167_thumb.j

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I highly recommend that you use Firebug in Firefox (I prefer it over using Chrome inspection tools). It'd be much easier to identify the selector in the right side of the inspector screen (where the CSS is shown).

Posted · Report post

Instead of editing the existing CSS, you must add CSS that overwrites the existing code to Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS. Please see here for further instructions: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have been more accurate with my question. What are the CSS selectors/elements I should use to overwrite the default code.

I've tried using Right Click/Inspect element in Chrome but I can't seem to grab hold of the drop down menu long enough for it to show me the correct css for the dropdown.

Thanks

Justin

Posted · Report post

No worries... I persevered with Chrome (really fallen out of love with Firefox in our studio)... Got it sorted :)

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Ok awesome. Was that the only assistance you needed?

Posted · Report post

Yep, all sorted for now :) 

I can do all the other edits my client requires. Just couldn't nail down that css selector :)