Photo
- - - - -

Disable Certain Pageline Shortcodes Or Styles

Best Answer thomstark , 17 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Never mind. I worked it out. Apologies. After playing around in the CSS Less box for a while, I was able to identify just the particular style parameters that were conflicting with my plugin, and I overrode only those in such a way as to not override my plugin. Whatever. It worked. 

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hi. I have a 3rd party plugin that styles with shortcodes, and at least one of those shortcodes so far is conflicting with Pagelines. The shortcode for the block quote is a mixture of my plugin's style and pagelines' style. Pagelines styling adds the bar on the left, and it also removes my plugin's pull left or right functionality. 

Now I'm not asking about how to override Pagelines styles. I can do that in the less box. But that doesn't solve the problem because it just forces a new style that will conflict with the shortcode plugin I have. The shortcode plugin has like 10 different styles with numerous variations. 

So what I need to be able to do is just disable that functionality in Pagelines altogether, rather than just overwriting the style. Is this possible to do without having to do it after every update? And how would I do it anyway? 

Thanks for your time. 

#2 thomstark

thomstark

• Members

• 147 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:48 AM   Best Answer

Never mind. I worked it out. Apologies. After playing around in the CSS Less box for a while, I was able to identify just the particular style parameters that were conflicting with my plugin, and I overrode only those in such a way as to not override my plugin. Whatever. It worked.