Photo
- - - - -

Full Width Header 2

Best Answer Danny , 17 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi Dan,

First things first we aren't really supposed to simply reply with the custom CSS needed to resolve your issue anymore, we are now providing users with information and resources so that they can learn and therefore, design there owns sites themselves without any assistance.

However, the first thing you're going to need to do is replace the following code:

#site .section-branding .content {
max-width: 100%;
background-color: #575757;
}

With this:

#site .section-branding .texture {
max-width: 100%;
background: #575757;
}

#site .section-branding .content {
background-color: #575757;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bankrollbuilder

bankrollbuilder

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Framework Version:pagelines pro

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Hi,

You guys helped me get my header to full width using the "full width sections" and the "responsive with pixel width" options.  the problem is that I would like my logo to be lined up to the left margin of the content not all the way to the left of the full width header.

is there any way to make my header full width using the "static with pixel width" or "responsive with % width".  this way I can adjust the logo to a "fixed" position and the full width of the header will still remain responsive.

I hope this makes sense.  the way it is now, my logo doesn't stay aligned with my content.  as I enlarge the window the content area adjusts but the logo stays in the same place - way out to the left.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

if you adjust the size of the window you will see what I'm talking about.

thanks in advance.

Dan B.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:03 PM   Best Answer

Hi Dan,

First things first we aren't really supposed to simply reply with the custom CSS needed to resolve your issue anymore, we are now providing users with information and resources so that they can learn and therefore, design there owns sites themselves without any assistance.

However, the first thing you're going to need to do is replace the following code:

With this:

#3 bankrollbuilder

bankrollbuilder

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Framework Version:pagelines pro

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hey Danny,

I want you to know I hear what you are saying.  I do graphic design and I know that people can really beat you up with picky little things they want done.

Having said that, I also want you to know that on my part, I spend hours trying to learn this stuff on my own.  I have two different CSS tutorial websites bookmarked in my browser and do several searches on google to try to find answers before I come here to ask you guys. (and I know most people probably come here first and ask for CSS on every little whim they think of)  I truly understand that you are probably burned out on telling people how to make every little fix, when its easy to find the answer elsewhere.

I have come quite a long way and I can do a lot of simple things.  For every one thing I ask here I usually have 10 others that I figured out myself.  So I just want you to know that I respect your time and only ask you when I just cant "get it".  This thread, for instance, is a very specific thing and I had an "idea" on how to do it, but I don't think I would have been able to without your help.

I think the hardest part for me right now is getting the "selectors" right.  I look on firebug and sometimes I can see it, but other times not.  Like on the

Anyway, I'm learning and I have already learned alot from all of you and I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do.

I hope i can still turn to you guys for help as long as you know I have exhausted every other option I know of first.

Thanks again.

Dan.

P.S.  your fix worked perfectly!  You Da Man!