Photo
- - - - -

Headings

Best Answer Rob , 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Dan

This is one of those topics where it's going to take a good bit of work.  Yes, you can achieve your goal.  CSS and editing a cloned section are really the ways to do this, I think.

About the cloned section, this is really going to take one of our pros, since we're talking about editing the loop; something I'm not skilled to do.  I know though, that this can be achieved. 

Tweaking the padding and margins may get you part of the way to your goal, but I suspect that the creation of a unique class, applied to things you're adding inside the post should work.   The post headings are the ones that really need the majority of the work, if I read your  request correctly.

I should point out that Google and other search engines don't really like extra H tags inside posts or even on a page, particularly H1.  See http://www.jm-seo.or.../20110303d.html   and http://productforums...ers/KXDWYobW7kY

So inside posts, as I mentioned, create a unique class and use font size, rather than H tags to achieve the visual look you desire. That would also eliminate the issue of the margins and padding around H tags that you don't want.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 bankrollbuilder

bankrollbuilder

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hey guys,

Is there any way to move the h1, h2, h3, etc. closer to the paragraph text in my content.  I like to break up my articles with nice subheadings.  I dont mind a bit of space at the end of a paragraph, but when I create a subheading and start a new paragraph I want it to be close to the new paragraph.  I have tried messing with line height but in order to get it close enough, I run the risk of my headings overlapping if they are on more than one line.

So, is there any way to move headings within the content without changing line height?

Dan.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM   Best Answer

Dan

This is one of those topics where it's going to take a good bit of work.  Yes, you can achieve your goal.  CSS and editing a cloned section are really the ways to do this, I think.

About the cloned section, this is really going to take one of our pros, since we're talking about editing the loop; something I'm not skilled to do.  I know though, that this can be achieved. 

Tweaking the padding and margins may get you part of the way to your goal, but I suspect that the creation of a unique class, applied to things you're adding inside the post should work.   The post headings are the ones that really need the majority of the work, if I read your  request correctly.

I should point out that Google and other search engines don't really like extra H tags inside posts or even on a page, particularly H1.  See

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So inside posts, as I mentioned, create a unique class and use font size, rather than H tags to achieve the visual look you desire. That would also eliminate the issue of the margins and padding around H tags that you don't want.

#3 bankrollbuilder

bankrollbuilder

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hey Rob,

Took me a while, but I figured out how to create a "class".  I put all of the little tweaks I wanted in it and now I just have to put the class "subhead" next to the subheading text I want before the paragraph.

I learned something new!!!!!

Thanks for the help bro!

D.