Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Response Gallery Not Working

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I have been struggling for an hour to get the response gallery to work.

I got it to work fine on my other site: http://petspractice.tv/gallery

But when I went to use it on the main site it tells me: "Not enough images in page media library". I've put 10 or so images into a gallery so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sunsetfilms.com.au/gallery/

22 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I created a gallery and uploaded images in the exact same way as I did with the site that does work, hence my problem. beardedavenger, that might be what I'm doing wrong, but I can't see any option to create an album as opposed to a gallery?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I have just this moment tested this again and all you need to do is upload images on your post, using the add media button. Once the images have been uploaded, your Gallery should be working.

Posted · Report post

Thanks I've done that. The Gallery is meant to be on the Gallery page. Also I tried deleting the page and restarting once or twice and I get the same result.

Posted · Report post

Please see my comment on the bug report at this link. It tells you what you need to do to get images to show.

Posted · Report post

Yes. The template is correct. As I said, the gallery IS there, but is giving me an error message.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-21-at-11.20.25-PM.pn

Posted · Report post

Thank you so much - this solution works beautifully. It still seems like a huge bug in this tool though; someone should definitely look into it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You havent uploaded any media (images) to your page, the Response Gallery works very similar to the Wordpress gallery. Where the gallery is populated by the images you upload to that page.

Posted · Report post

The developer has marked it as "works as intended" so it doesn't look like that will happen. You'll have to plead your case to them.  ;)

Posted · Report post

Please see my comment on the bug report at this link. It tells you what you need to do to get images to show.

I am having the same problem I click on the link you have in your post but goes nowhere. I have the same situation where the response gallery say (not enough pictures) and the wp-gallery is on top. So if gallery is not the id what is the id the images? do I need to give a path? sorry I am confuse with the answer on the post. Can you re post that link? it seam to work for him.

Posted · Report post

@alebrujo

The link is now valid as the there is no such bug, the Responsive Gallery is working as intended. Please read Nicks post above which should resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

Thank you response Gallery is working properly

Posted · Report post

Hi,

From the Looks of it, you do not have the Response Gallery section active on the template used for that page.

Posted · Report post

It is active - it appears on the page but gives me the error message: Not enough images in page media library.

Posted · Report post

Have you double checked that images are indeed attached to that post? Wordpress 3.5 makes it a little more challenging as you have to create an Album, and select the post as the source.

Posted · Report post

I know it SHOULD be working. I know how to do it as I have done it already on a different page. However I have done everything, as I have said, in the exact same way, and I am still recieving an error message when viewing the page.

Posted · Report post

Can you provide me with a screenshot of the following please:

1. PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Template and select the template you're using, in the screenshot please show the active sections you have.

2. PageLines > Drag & Drop > Content Area and select the template you're using and in the screenshot please show the active sections.

Posted · Report post

Please create a brand-new Admin level user and send the details to robert@pagelines.com.  DO NOT post login credentials here. This is a public forum and searchable on Google and other public search engines.

I'll take a look as soon as I'm in receipt of the login details. Please send me a note as well, telling me where this gallery is supposed to be.

Posted · Report post

Screen-Shot-2012-12-17-at-2.58.34-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2012-12-17-at-2.58.45-PM.png

Posted · Report post

Thank you Nick you are a  life saver!

Posted · Report post

Still haven't been able to fix it... any help on this would be appreciated

Posted · Report post

Are you sure that the template you have set for your page is the same one that has the section active. Therefore, can you make sure that the gallery page is using the correct template please.

As I am struggling to recreate your issue here, I have just added the Response Gallery section to my template. Then gone to Pages, created a new page, selected the correct template from Page Attributes and then uploaded my images. When I view the page, the gallery is working as intended.