Photo

Layout Frozen Since Updating To Wordpress 3.5

Best Answer Rob , 16 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

PlatformPro is a legacy product and isn't going to be updated.  The conversion from PlatformPro to Framework isn't quite as difficult as one may think. I converted my own site in a matter of an hour, despite over 80,000 posts and thousands of pages.

Since PlatformPro is housed in a folder named differently from Framework, you can always go back and forth during the conversion via Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.

We're always here to help and advise if you come across stumbling blocks along the way.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Framework Version:PageLines Framework

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Since updating to Wordpress 3.5, I've noticed the layout editor is not adjustable anymore, any idea why this may be happening? I've adjusted the permissions for platform base and platform pro to 755 for the dir + css files but nothing made a difference. Any help would be appreciated in solving this. 

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Wordpress has updated jQuery in wordpress 3.5, PlatformPro uses an older version. Would need some serious patching to make it work.

#3 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Does that mean I'd be forced to upgrade our site to the latest framework? I already purchased it but held off because it is a major undertaking since it's not an easy switch. I was hoping the devs would continue supporting platform pro since not all of us are eager to jump to framework just yet. 

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:36 AM   Best Answer

PlatformPro is a legacy product and isn't going to be updated.  The conversion from PlatformPro to Framework isn't quite as difficult as one may think. I converted my own site in a matter of an hour, despite over 80,000 posts and thousands of pages.

Since PlatformPro is housed in a folder named differently from Framework, you can always go back and forth during the conversion via Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.

We're always here to help and advise if you come across stumbling blocks along the way.

#5 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Do you have any reference links I can use as a guide to get started?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi,

Please view this article - http://support.pagel...m-to-framework/

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

See also this post for fix for the js error. http://www.pagelines...ding-correctly/

#8 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately the update did not resolve the problem, the layout is still whited out like the original picture I posted. Any suggestions?

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

If you update to 1.6 clear your browser cache and still have the problem, then it's a plugin causing it

#10 techinferno

techinferno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I ended up upgrading the site to framework so I don't have to deal with this anymore so you can mark it solved I guess.