Photo
- - - - -

Features Thumbnails Wrap

features thumbnails

Best Answer krisbritt , 20 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Thanks Rob, that CSS treatment does look nice. I will look into other carousel options if they pursue that aspect.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krisbritt

krisbritt

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

The Features thumbnails are wrapping on my page. Best case the Feature thumbnails would work like a carousel once there were too many for the width of the page. I'm coming here before the customizations forum just in case there is already functionality for this and I've somehow missed it.

Here's my test URL:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

More background: The client likes the Features look (also the Features thumbnails look) over the look of other image galleries. The client also wants more than this number of images in this 'category' so just stopping before the thumbnails wrap is not what they want. Worst case I will try to use CSS to increase the spacing between the thumbnail rows but it's not first choice.

Thanks so much for any help,

Kris

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

There isn't a way I know of to modify the feature slider to move the thumbs like a carousel.  It is designed to wrap the thumbs.  You may be able to adjust the thumbs to remove borders, narrow the space, if not remove it, between thumbs and do other things that may please your client. 

Alternatively, there are many sliders out today, capable of and designed to carousel thumbs related to slides.  You may wish to invest some time and effort searching

, our

and CodeCanyon.net for just the right product.

Please keep in mind, WordPress 3.5 made some major changes to jQuery which is used by many sliders. Make sure any slider you use is capable of handling the latest WP and its jQuery version.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

By the way, you can test this in Firebug, but this looks pretty nice on your site:

#4 krisbritt

krisbritt

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:01 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Rob, that CSS treatment does look nice. I will look into other carousel options if they pursue that aspect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: features, thumbnails