Photo
- - - - -

Resize Social Connection Buttons At Header

Best Answer Rob , 15 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Using Firebug you'll see many elements that affect the icons. Among them  .section-branding .icons and others.  The images are fixed sizes (they're images, not CSS elements) and thus they are not sized in CSS.  As a result, resizing them upward would pixelate them and shrinking them would cause them to disfigure.

If you prefer different size images,  I'd suggest you use a hook implementing your own images (of desired size).   There are many ways to do this, including using sprites  http://www.w3schools...age_sprites.asp

A hook would be added to your site in the PageLines Customize plugin's functions.php or in a child theme's functions.php.

If you're unfamiliar with hooks, I'd suggest getting our new Hooker plugin, that helps facilitate them.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 patriknordkvist

patriknordkvist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Is there anyway to resize the buttons ie Facebook att the header?

Would also like to take away the shadoweffect

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

You can resize with custom css:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can use the width property:

As for the shadow effect, do you mean the hover effect?

#3 patriknordkvist

patriknordkvist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yes I mean the hover effect (could find the rigth word)

#4 patriknordkvist

patriknordkvist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

The link you adde is missing.

I got the code but not what

p.ex
{height:100px;
width:100px;}

But dont kno what to start with so they change

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Hi, sorry the link Cat added got the full stop placed on the end in error. www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

You mention you have the code, if you have it already you can paste it into Pagelines>site options>custom css

#6 patriknordkvist

patriknordkvist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I got the code but dont know what the element/start of the cod should be to control the Social buttons in the header?

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:16 PM   Best Answer

Using Firebug you'll see many elements that affect the icons. Among them  .section-branding .icons and others.  The images are fixed sizes (they're images, not CSS elements) and thus they are not sized in CSS.  As a result, resizing them upward would pixelate them and shrinking them would cause them to disfigure.

If you prefer different size images,  I'd suggest you use a hook implementing your own images (of desired size).   There are many ways to do this, including using sprites 

A hook would be added to your site in the PageLines Customize plugin's functions.php or in a child theme's functions.php.

If you're unfamiliar with hooks, I'd suggest getting our new Hooker plugin, that helps facilitate them.