Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resize Social Connection Buttons At Header

Question

Posted · Report post

Is there anyway to resize the buttons ie Facebook att the header?

Would also like to take away the shadoweffect

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Using Firebug you'll see many elements that affect the icons. Among them  .section-branding .icons and others.  The images are fixed sizes (they're images, not CSS elements) and thus they are not sized in CSS.  As a result, resizing them upward would pixelate them and shrinking them would cause them to disfigure.

If you prefer different size images,  I'd suggest you use a hook implementing your own images (of desired size).   There are many ways to do this, including using sprites  http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_sprites.asp

A hook would be added to your site in the PageLines Customize plugin's functions.php or in a child theme's functions.php.

If you're unfamiliar with hooks, I'd suggest getting our new Hooker plugin, that helps facilitate them.

Posted · Report post

Yes I mean the hover effect (could find the rigth word)

Posted · Report post

The link you adde is missing.

I got the code but not what

p.ex
{height:100px;
width:100px;}

But dont kno what to start with so they change

Posted · Report post

Hi, sorry the link Cat added got the full stop placed on the end in error. www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

You mention you have the code, if you have it already you can paste it into Pagelines>site options>custom css

Posted · Report post

I got the code but dont know what the element/start of the cod should be to control the Social buttons in the header?