Photo
- - - - -

More Update Problems

wp update Pagelines update

Best Answer aerta , 14 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hi Simon. Problem is that if we buy a plugin from Pagelines and, as in the case of the Mobile Menu plugin which has caused the problems, and it says: 'the Mobile Menu Plugin was created to support the native PageLines menus ( Navigation and BrandNav Sections) and of course my Always on Top Menu section.' we kind of think it's a native Pagelines plugin and has been tested alongside WP updates beta. I think that if some plugins on sale on the Pagelines store are NOT native to Pagelines, i.e. from third party developers who possibly don't test them alongside updates, we should know. Had I known Mobile Menu and Sexy Snips plugins were not likely to be updated in line with updates I would never have spent money on them. Both plugins have messed up my sites after recent Pagelines and WP updates.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Further to the navigation and feature slider problems subsequent to 2.3.8 Pagelines update and WP 3.5 update I've now discovered further navigation problems on the iPhone. Nav bar collapses into a vertical box on top of the content, and won't go away. Try reducing the browser:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I thought it might be the 'Sexy Snips' Pagelines plugin so I deactivated it. Problem persists. Mobile menu Pagelines plugin is already deactivated.

Any tips?

Thanks

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Your using the old classic nav, have you tried the new bootstrap menu?

Also what does this mean?

Further to the navigation and feature slider problems subsequent to 2.3.8 Pagelines update and WP 3.5

There no issues with 2.3.8 and wordpress 3.5. Unless you mean third part plugins?

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Also you are using custom css to center your navigation. So maybe use a media query to float it left on mobiles?

#4 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Thanks Simon. My previous posting highlighted a WP 3.5 issue with a Pagelines plugin (mobile menu):

In fact I think you kindly identified it for me. I assume that if I buy the plugin from Pagelines that it's a Pagelines plugin. Or is it third party?

Not sure what the new bootstrap menu is. Where would I find it?

Anyway, am using code generated by Pagelines plugin Sexy Snips to centre navigation on the web version, and media query to left-align the nav on mobiles. Any tips on how to change this code so that the navigation works on mobiles would be very welcome! Here's the code:

/* Centered Navigation */
#page {
  #navbar,
  #nav{
    .navline,
    .main-nav{
      float:none;
      text-align: center;
      li {
    display:inline-block;
        text-align:center;
      a {
        text-align:center;
      }
      }
    }
    .dropdown-menu {
        text-align:left;
    }
  } 
}
/* Centered Navigation Media Query*/
@media(max-width:767px){
body.pagelines {
  #page {
     #navbar {
        .navline {
          text-align:left;
          li,a {
            display: block;
            float: none;
            text-align: left;
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }  
}

#5 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I've solved it by removing the coding which centres the nav for websites. Guess this means that Sexy Snips plugin which generated it needs updating to take WP 3.5 into account..? Or if Mobile Menu plugin gets updated that might solve the mobile issue and allow me to have my website nav centred...

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

mobile menus is not a pagelines plugin, its a 3rd party author.

The menu css has not changed in 3.5, maybe leave a note here and the author for sexy-snips will see it. 

#7 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:22 AM   Best Answer

Hi Simon. Problem is that if we buy a plugin from Pagelines and, as in the case of the Mobile Menu plugin which has caused the problems, and it says: 'the Mobile Menu Plugin was created to support the native PageLines menus ( Navigation and BrandNav Sections) and of course my Always on Top Menu section.' we kind of think it's a native Pagelines plugin and has been tested alongside WP updates beta. I think that if some plugins on sale on the Pagelines store are NOT native to Pagelines, i.e. from third party developers who possibly don't test them alongside updates, we should know. Had I known Mobile Menu and Sexy Snips plugins were not likely to be updated in line with updates I would never have spent money on them. Both plugins have messed up my sites after recent Pagelines and WP updates.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

#8 cloudstem

cloudstem

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I need urgent help (dynacomusa.net) after utilizing the same code and removing it, my site's navbar is screwed.  Can someone help?  I deactivated plugin but it doesn't work.

#9 cloudstem

cloudstem

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Okay it's gone now... never mind.  Freaked me out..