6 replies to this topic

#1 Nick II

Nick II

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.2

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

This doesn't relate to recent updates.

A screenshot from below that shows all the text on the site went smaller after an update (can't remember when as there's been so many, but might have been when the blockquote styling changed, which is another issue).

Anyone know how to change it back?

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi,

As far as I am aware, the block-quote styling hasn't changed in any version of PageLines Framework.

Can you provide a link to your site please so we can take a look.

#3 Nick II

Nick II

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Sure.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Hi there, I am seeing the font as a different size in firefox on the mac, I'm not sure what browser you're using but maybe its something to do with the way the browser renders the text.

However, you can use the css below to edit the size of the font, just edit the figures to suit and paste into Pagelines>site options>custom css

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 Nick II

Nick II

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for the addition, James. The discrepancy with text size is in chrome, IE & FF on PC.

Won't that code make the text in the blockquote smaller? That's not what I want to do. The text in the rest of the site is incorrect, too small; the blockquote is the correct size.

Also, for reference, I only have the following added to the custom css:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure, but it seems that the solution here is to decide which font group you wish to adjust and change the related CSS accordingly. 

Sometimes a plugin is installed or even deactivated that has mildly conflicting CSS with sections and the change can alter the appearance of your site.  The easier solution is to simply adjust the CSS, which is what James is trying to help you do.  If you'd prefer to leave the blockquote alone, then the alternate option is to change the content font size.  You can use Firebug to locate that, fairly easily and test adjustments before implementing.

Once changed, your site will look exactly as you'd like it to, which is a goal we share with you.

#7 Nick II

Nick II

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

No problem, Rob.

Perhaps my initial question could have been worded better.

After looking through firebug on all of the Pagelines sites I looked at the tools page of the Pagelines site and saw that the font sizes are different there too. Looks like it's going to be an interesting Sunday afternoon changing everything.