• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darmitage

darmitage

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hello.

We have installed Pagelines Framework and built a website. However, the load time for the site is incredibly slow. I've gone through and made sure that everything we have on the site (images, media, plugins) are necessary and kept to a minimum, but it still seems to be lagging.

I am new to the whole website-building thing, so forgive me if this is something easy I'm missing.

Please help! Thanks!

Roxann

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Can you please post a link to your site?

#3 darmitage

darmitage

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

oh sorry!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I just reloaded your site site a few times and it showed up right away for me each time - no loading issues. Have you tried loading the site on another computer?

#5 darmitage

darmitage

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yes, I've tried it on a few different computers. I also just did a Google Developer test and it scored a 75 out of 100 for speed. It gave the following suggestions that I don't really know how to implement with a Wordpress/ Pagelines theme:

- Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

- Leveraging Browser Caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

I have no idea how to do either of these things.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Both of those things need lines added to your .htaacess file, and it also depends on your host how they have the server configured.

- Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

- Leveraging Browser Caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: load time