Photo
- - - - -

Site Loading Time - Very Slow

load time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 darmitage

darmitage

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hello.

We have installed Pagelines Framework and built a website. However, the load time for the site is incredibly slow. I've gone through and made sure that everything we have on the site (images, media, plugins) are necessary and kept to a minimum, but it still seems to be lagging.

I am new to the whole website-building thing, so forgive me if this is something easy I'm missing.

Please help! Thanks!

Roxann

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Can you please post a link to your site?

#3 darmitage

darmitage

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

oh sorry!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I just reloaded your site site a few times and it showed up right away for me each time - no loading issues. Have you tried loading the site on another computer?

#5 darmitage

darmitage

• Members

• 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yes, I've tried it on a few different computers. I also just did a Google Developer test and it scored a 75 out of 100 for speed. It gave the following suggestions that I don't really know how to implement with a Wordpress/ Pagelines theme:

- Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

- Leveraging Browser Caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

I have no idea how to do either of these things.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Both of those things need lines added to your .htaacess file, and it also depends on your host how they have the server configured.

- Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

- Leveraging Browser Caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.