Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Site Loading Time - Very Slow

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello.

We have installed Pagelines Framework and built a website. However, the load time for the site is incredibly slow. I've gone through and made sure that everything we have on the site (images, media, plugins) are necessary and kept to a minimum, but it still seems to be lagging.

I am new to the whole website-building thing, so forgive me if this is something easy I'm missing.

Please help! Thanks!

Roxann

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Can you please post a link to your site?

Posted · Report post

I just reloaded your site site a few times and it showed up right away for me each time - no loading issues. Have you tried loading the site on another computer?

Posted · Report post

Yes, I've tried it on a few different computers. I also just did a Google Developer test and it scored a 75 out of 100 for speed. It gave the following suggestions that I don't really know how to implement with a Wordpress/ Pagelines theme:

- Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

- Leveraging Browser Caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

I have no idea how to do either of these things.

Posted · Report post

Both of those things need lines added to your .htaacess file, and it also depends on your host how they have the server configured.

- Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

- Leveraging Browser Caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.