Photo
- - - - -

Wordpress 3.5 Compatible With Pagelines 2.3.8?

Wordpress 3.5 Widgets not editable drag and drop menu not workin

Best Answer sladestudios , 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Thanks. I've found it, it's not a plugin problem. After disabling and finally deleting all Plugins I removed the 5G Blacklist security code by perishable press from my .htaccess file. Once this is removed the menus work again and allow me to edit the site. Thank goodness! Very frustrating. Now I just need to reinstall the plugins and put it all back the way it was. Thanks for your help. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sladestudios

sladestudios

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hello, I've just updated to wordpress 3.5 and now I can't edit my widgets. Nothing happens when you click on the menus to edit.

I've updated 2 of my sites and the same is happening on both. I'm running the latest pagelines 2.3.8.

Also can't edit the pagelines Drag and Drop template area at all. Again nothing happen when you click on a template area to edit.

Is anyone else having issues like this after updating? Is it possible to reinstall the older version of wordpress once you've already updated?

I need to edit the widget area quite urgently so any help on a way around would be great.

thanks in advance.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hi,

Please disable all non-PageLines plugins, as I have just this moment tested one of my sites using Wordpress 3.5 and PageLines 2.3.8 and I have none of the issues you're experiencing.

#3 sladestudios

sladestudios

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks Danny, I disabled all plugins and still no change. Should I uninstall the plugins and reinstall one by one? I have Simple CSS lite to change the Nav bar colour, Next Gen Gallery, Contact form 7, Post Type order, All in one SEO pack, Backup buddy. I run the same plugins on most of my sites.

Not sure what else to do??

Thanks

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Can you provide a link to the site in question please and also enable PageLines Debug which is located in PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

#5 sladestudios

sladestudios

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Site is 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

have just enabled the Pagelines Debug as well

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi,

Your site's URL is = 

But your theme is installed in 

/design

That may be the cause of the issue, also you do not have PageLines sections installed, go to PageLines > Store and it will ask you to install the plugin.

#7 sladestudios

sladestudios

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yes PageLines Sections is Installed, I deactivated it to test. It is activated again. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

Yes I installed wordpress and all contents in the sub folder and point it to the URL hasn't been a problem in the past and is tidier. I work this way with most of my sites.

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Same thing happened to someone yesterday, was a plugin that is not ready for 3.5 Takes plugin authors a few weeks to catch up.

#9 sladestudios

sladestudios

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

did they say what plugin did it? I'm still working on it, will try the plugins again.

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

did they say what plugin did it? I'm still working on it, will try the plugins again.

Was widget logic if i remember.

#11 sladestudios

sladestudios

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM   Best Answer

Thanks. I've found it, it's not a plugin problem. After disabling and finally deleting all Plugins I removed the 5G Blacklist security code by perishable press from my .htaccess file. Once this is removed the menus work again and allow me to edit the site. Thank goodness! Very frustrating. Now I just need to reinstall the plugins and put it all back the way it was. Thanks for your help. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wordpress 3.5, Widgets not editable, drag and drop menu not workin