Photo
- - - - -

feature slides not playing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 msweeney1961

msweeney1961

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

My feature slides have stopped playing. The play/pause button will not show up. I've disabled all plugins but that did not fix the issue. I did upgrade to Wordpress 3.1 but I dont recall if that is when the show stopped working. The only edit was about month ago to move a piece of PHP code but everything worked after that and you (generic) said that should not bother anything which it didnt. This for the iBlogPro template Ideas?

#2 msweeney1961

msweeney1961

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

FYI - I just upgraded to the lastest and still no joy on the features playing :(

#3 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Try backing up your features, then resetting them. In many cases this is the simple solution.

#4 msweeney1961

msweeney1961

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

I did that first thing. Should I do it again with the upgrade?

#5 msweeney1961

msweeney1961

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

Nope... just tried it and still no joy

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

Could be a JS or markup issue created by the content you have added. The easiest way to find an issue with markup is to run a validation using the W3 tool:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 rose1916

rose1916

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hi all ... I am experiencing the same problem in WhiteHouse Pro 3 Developer. Any other ideas? Thanks.

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:12 AM

@Mike and Hank - Please provide links to your problematic feature/slide pages and we can check the code for errors.

Thanks, Bryan

#9 digitraf

digitraf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

Bryan, Just bought the theme and this is happening to me as well. Here is my site

the second feature I placed in the feature slide 2 (Unlimited Customers) and nothing shows up for it in but if you click on the 3 which has the original theme code with the youtube video, my # 2 feature slide (unlimted Customers) shows up on it. So my #2 shows up on #3 #3 shows up on 4 and so on. Thanks for the help.

#10 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:47 AM

Just to double check you're using the latest version of your theme with the latest version of WordPress? You could always check your

account. It appears there are only a few minor errors, worth fixing nonetheless:

The one that seems curious to me is the style put in the wrong spot, did you manually add this CSS? Also, have you added any CSS that may be effecting the feature? Did the slide never work, or only after something happened, like installing a new plugin for example? Thanks, Bryan

#11 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

@anthony, Checked it out in FireFox and it looks normal, did you get this resolved?

#12 tsays

tsays

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

I am having a similar issue - my first slide shows, but the "play button" does not and the 2nd slide does not appear at all. Neither does the "play" button. I've deleted my plug-ins without success as well. I've backed up and restored the feature pages. I'm running WP 3.0.1 Here's the link:

#13 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:14 AM

Everyone who's experiencing this problem please post what browser and operating system you're seeing this issue with and their version numbers. This will help us pinpoint the problem. Thanks, Bryan

#14 tsays

tsays

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

Browser: Firefox 3.6.10 Mac OS X

#15 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Tara, you're problem is actually different from the others, you aren't getting any functionality at all caused by a little bug I created when I last updated the theme. You can get the new version now in your account v1.3.4 which should return the site to normal.

#16 tsays

tsays

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:19 PM

Cmunns - Thanks for the quick reply. I've downloaded and installed v1.3.4 but there still isn't any slide functionality. The play button is now there (thanks), but the second slide never appears. Here's the website (in case you need it again):

Thank you.

#17 tsays

tsays

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:00 AM

Just a quick follow-up. I uninstalled v1.3.4 and reinstalled it. Now the feature slide show formatting is showing as one large section at the top of the page. The fonts are different also. Further the Feature boxes are no longer across the page, but vertically listed, which is not the look we wanted. Please advise.

#18 tsays

tsays

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:02 AM

Phew. Finally got v1.3.4 installed correctly. Problem is now solved. Thank you.

#19 pecojonph

pecojonph

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

#20 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

@Tara, glad you got it working again :)