#1 manul

manul

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hej

I am trying for the first time to make a site with Pagelines framework (2.3.8).

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have two problems.

1. I cannot figure out how to write something or style the footer. It's blank and not showing anything.

I want to (A) add a color and (B) to write something in it on only one line. Eventhough something is written in the "Terms line in footer:" box in pagelines, nothing is showing?!?

What Can I do? 

The following custom CSS is not working either. All other custom CSS are working fine.

#site #footer {
background-color: #242424;
}

I do not understand either how you use the footer widegets, as I haven't been able to se any video og doc on it.

Help please.  :-)

Regards
Emmanuel

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Install the (free) contenbox section, it can be cloned and dragged to any area.

#3 manul

manul

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hej Simon

And what do you do then with the box-section?

I have figured out that I needed to have a Section in the footer area. I have chosen the "Full Width Sidebar". What is a bad choice? I want it to go across the the whole browser window and it works.

It seems that the problem is, that the footer is having a limited height, but I want the dark background color all the way to the bottom of the browser. But the footer div stops before.

Any idea? 

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4977 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi Emmanuel

To place text in the footer you'll need to first place a section inside the footer container, something like a contentbox (as Simon said) or a text widget inside a full width or universal sidebar.

You can find details how to use the contentbox section here -

To use a blank text widget inside of a sidebar, place the required sidebar inside the footer container (as you state you have done) and then place a blank text widget inside that sidebar via the wp dashboard>appearance>widgets. You'll see the available widgets on the left, select a text widget from the left and drag it into the righthand sidebar container which matches the name of the sidebar you have in the drag and drop.

Your css seems to be working fine, see screen shot -

please check that you refreshed/cleared your browser cache or that any caching plugins were deactivated/cleared upon making changes.

You can see a video tutorial here on using widgets within wordpress -

Hope this helps