8 replies to this topic

#1 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

How do I repair the layout of the Share buttons. They are certainly beneath the standards of my wonderful Pagelines Framework theme. I can't figure it out. Anyone?

Attached Files

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

The best way would be with Custom CSS (padding and margins, more specifically). Please see here for further instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Are you using another plugin for adding more share icons?

#3 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Catrina. Thank you. I should have been more descriptive. I am well versed in Pagelines. Built dozens of websites with it. And I know CSS pretty well, but I am having trouble finding the right CSS to repair the messy formatting of the share buttons. Might be a forehead slapper when I figure it out, but I could sure use a clue. No, I have no other share button plugins in the setup. Would that be a better idea? Got any suggestions. This built in array is very unattractive as it is.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

By default they look nothing like that image, can you show us a URL? Your moderator only link in your profile just points to a landing page.

#5 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hi Simon. Thank you. I love Pagelines themes. So, I want to be polite. But actually, the last three websites I installed with Framework, the default share buttons formatted just as poorly as this one....so I doubt your claim.  But I hope you are correct and that something else is haywire. I tested somewhat for conflicting plugins. I have none related to social media. Here is the page I am currently referring to:   

Okay.....I just discovered that it looks different in FireFox than Google Chrome...a little better....but still disappointing.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Are they wrapping because your content area is not wide enough?

#7 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

No. Content area is 670 pixels. They are probably wrapping because they need to wrap in Firefox because I have them all turned on, and in Chrome for some unknown reason they wrap much shorter as seen in the snap image above. But in both, they are misaligned vertically and spaced irradically horizontally.

#8 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

I know, I'm being picky. My clients are picky. And we need Chrome to work well these days.

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hi there, I've checked in Firefox and in Chrome on the link you've provided and I'm not seeing the same results - screenshots below. Are you on the latest versions of each browser?

Firefox -

Chrome -

The css for each item seems to be set inline under the class .pl-sharebar-pad and are a mixture of classes/id's which I've pasted below