Photo
- - - - -

Show Specific Feature On Blog Article Page

Best Answer Danny , 20 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi,

As James stated above, the Blog Page is not the same as an individual post, if you wish to display this feature on all your individual posts, you will need to either set them on your posts using the posts PageLines Meta Settings or use the Site Defaults. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 steveandrews

steveandrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I've specified a feature to show on my blog and blog tag pages. I want to show the same feature on all article pages but don't know where to set it?

This is where I'm currently at:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- shows correct feature

(or any tag page) - shows correct feature

(or any article page) - currently DOES show correct feature.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

By article pages, do you mean individual post pages?

#3 steveandrews

steveandrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Yes

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hi there, to make sure the feature shows on all post templates you'll need to make sure its in the drag and drop setup for "blog template, blog post template, archive template and category template'.

Then using the meta options in Pagelines>Page options> you'll see the various tabs for the different templates listed down the left. You'll be able to go through each one and select the 'features' meta for each template, selecting the feature set you want and setting it template wide for the posts.

For more info on the features section -

#5 steveandrews

steveandrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Thanks James.

As far as I can see I've set the feature settings correctly for each blog page i.e. Blog page, Archive page, Category page and Tag listing. For each of these pages I've specified my 'blog' feature set - see screenshot below where I've set it for the Blog page.

It's still not showing the correct feature set on individual post pages though -

It just seem to be cycling through all the features. It should be showing the same feature

2012-12-17_1558.png

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

The blog page isn't the same as the individual post page. The blog page is the page where all posts are displayed, whereas the individual post page is just the post page. Have you already tried setting it in the meta settings for the individual post page? (I know it's a hassle to have to do it for each one)

#7 steveandrews

steveandrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

I realise the blog page is different to individual post pages so where do I specify the feature for individual post pages?

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

To specify a feature set on a single post you have to set it on a 'per post basis' unfortunately. So every time you create a post you have to select the feature to use.

In regards to the feature sets being selected, can you check the features tab and just check the system hasn't been adding additional slides when they've been added to another set. See if each slide has more than one slide set checked. I've just set up some feature sets and put them on the different pages you've mentioned to try and replicate, mine are working ok, which leads me to think something else could be interfering. If you have any third party plugins could you deactivate them, and clear the browser cache then test the pages again to see if it makes any difference.

#9 steveandrews

steveandrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Sorry, I don't think I've done a great job of explaining what I need.

I've created a feature set called 'blog' consisting of a single feature.

I want to show this feature set on any page within my blog, whether it's the archive, tag selection, an individual post, whatever. So far it's working on everything except individual posts, where it just seems to cycle through ALL features.

To illustrate:

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:41 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

As James stated above, the Blog Page is not the same as an individual post, if you wish to display this feature on all your individual posts, you will need to either set them on your posts using the posts PageLines Meta Settings or use the Site Defaults. 

#11 steveandrews

steveandrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Thanks Danny. I think the easiest way will be to do it via Site Defaults