Photo
- - - - -

Bbpress Disappeared After Upgrade To 2.3.7 And 2.3.8

bbpress upgrade

Best Answer tonyzeoli , 15 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

I figured it out. It was the new Pagelines BBPress 2x update. I was still running the old version of the plugin.

Not sure why I'm not notified in my plugins area as to the BBPress update, nor why I didn't get any notification about the update. I guess I have to check the site from time to time for new updates to the plugin.

Thanks for checking it out. That solved the problem.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tonyzeoli

tonyzeoli

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Hi,

It seems as if bbpress forums have disappeared since upgrading to 2.3.7 and 2.3.8.

The forums are here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Can you let me know if you see anything in Firebug that's preventing them from loading. I checked the Page options and all bbpress sections are active with their original settings and the forums themselves are set in Forums and Topics.

Not sure what happened in the upgrade and why they disappeared. Don't necessarily want to roll back until a fix. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

• nonRuhPseulse and zqkuonexxs like this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hi,

I have just updated PageLines to 2.3.8 and my test bbPress site is still working. Therefore, can you disable all non-PageLines plugins please not including bbPress and see if this resolves your issue please.

Also make sure that you have the bbPress Loop section active on the bbPress templates in Drag and Drop.

#3 tonyzeoli

tonyzeoli

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I tried everything.

I turned off all plugins except bbpress and the bbpress pagelines, checked all the bbpress templates and they are in the active section in Drag and Drop, then checked the site and still nothing.

bbpress itself just released an upgrade, so I took that upgrade and still nothing.

The forum registration widget is active, but the forums themselves have disappeared.

I really don't have a clue at this point what to do.

One thing I did notice, is that under Page Options - Topic Archive - Topics Content Area, there is no Hide bbpress loop widget. Not sure if one needs to be there or not. Doesn't look like it, but I thought I'd mention.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Tony,

My site is one that... well, if it can go wrong, it will there, without fail. Ask any of my colleagues. :fpc:

I've just updated to WP 3.5, PL Framework 2.3.8, and updated BuddyPress and bbPress. Shockingly... and I seriously mean that... Nothing's broken.

There shouldn't be a Hide bbpress option in Topics Archive.  The system presumes if you're using that template, you're actually using bbPress and wouldn't want to hide it. If that were the case, you'd just deactivate bbPress.

I think Danny was trying to ascertain whether the bbPressLoop was present in Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop in all the bbPress templates. It must be in those to be visible everywhere necessary.

#5 tonyzeoli

tonyzeoli

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yes, I understand what Danny was trying to assess. All of those options are "active" in the Drag & Drop, as I indicated. I was just pointing out the issue with the one that was not present, but I can now understand why with your explanation.

I've done just about everything on my side. I'll try it again, but it's really disappeared after the upgrade and I need to get this up asap, because what we sell on the site is dependent on the forums to be live.

I don't want to have to roll back, but I may have to. Grrrr...

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Tony,

If you'd like me to take a look, set up an admin level account and email it to robert@pagelines.com. I may not get it till Friday afternoon.  But I'll be happy to try and see what's happening.

#7 tonyzeoli

tonyzeoli

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Yes, will do. Thanks!

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

(Message pasted from Rob, who's unable to access the forum at the moment)

Hi, I've checked out the site and everything seems fine, though I can only see the topics page, which does look corrupted.  Forums, I think is being pushed by a page or post you have starting with that word. It may be causing a conflict.  I'd recommend, strongly, doing an inventory of your many plugins to see if any are incompatible with WP 3.5 and if any are reported as broken.

The PageLines bbPress plugin has an update you've not initiated.  That might fix the problem.

My best guess is, this is a conflict and that one or more of your plugins are not yet updated to meet the exacting requirements of WP 3.5.

To do an inventory, check each plugin at wordpress.org/extend/plugins and make sure that you don't see any comments by others citing it as broken.  That's always a tell-tale sign of problems.

#9 tonyzeoli

tonyzeoli

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:50 AM   Best Answer

I figured it out. It was the new Pagelines BBPress 2x update. I was still running the old version of the plugin.

Not sure why I'm not notified in my plugins area as to the BBPress update, nor why I didn't get any notification about the update. I guess I have to check the site from time to time for new updates to the plugin.

Thanks for checking it out. That solved the problem.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thank you for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bbpress, upgrade