#1 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Tonight we are releasing 2.3.8 of PageLines Framework.
2.3.8 is a maintenance release and fixes the following issues:

• Use enqueue properly.
  • Better POSIX check, plus filter added to override 'render_css_posix_'.

• batman likes this

#2 butcher

butcher

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Definitly to much updates !! I love updates but you're releasing them once a week....

#3 hibbsy78

hibbsy78

Advocate

• Members

• 303 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.1.8

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

How can there be to many updates?

If there is a tweak, fix, performance update then release them!!

#4 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Warning: Newb question. 

I'm keeping this website for a non-profit and this is my first experience jumping off Wordpress.com to .org.  I just bought this theme about a week or two ago and I have gotten this website pretty much the way I want it.  So...what happens if I DON'T update?  I don't feel comfortable doing that yet...When I am ready to take the plunge, what will happen if I do?  Will there be a hiccup if I wait until the NEXT update?  Is there any downtime while it's updating?  When you say lose customizations, does that mean what I put in for CSS changes or also plugins and everything else? 

If this isn't the correct place to ask, please let me know.  Thanks. 

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

When you say lose customizations, does that mean what I put in for CSS changes or also plugins and everything else? 

where did i say that?

All options are stores in the database, so unless you have edited core files you are safe to upgrade.

As it says on the wordpress update screen, its always advisable to make backups as every server is different.

#6 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Tonight we are releasing 2.3.8 of PageLines Framework.
2.3.8 is a maintenance release and fixes the following issues:

• Use enqueue properly.
  • Better POSIX check, plus filter added to override 'render_css_posix_'.

Unfortunately this seemed to introduce have a number of CSS breaks (or at least undesirable changes). What is involved in the "redner_css_posix_" change? Here's what the top of my page used to look like:

2012-12-11_14-54-23.png

Now here's what it looks like:

2012-12-11_14-54-06.png

#7 weekendknitter

weekendknitter

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

where did i say that?

All options are stores in the database, so unless you have edited core files you are safe to upgrade.

As it says on the wordpress update screen, its always advisable to make backups as every server is different.

It says that in the theme, right where I'm supposed to click to update if I want to...so I'm assuming that to be you all saying that. 

Themes

The following themes have new versions available. Check the ones you want to update and then click “Update Themes”.

Please Note: Any customizations you have made to theme files will be lost. Please consider using child themes for modifications.

The only changes I have made so far (that I can recall) have only been in my custom css page.  Same place they were  before I updated to the paid version.  So, if I update at some point, hopefully they will stay the same.  I did make one change in the css from another page where a plugin required some additonal stress on my part, but I decided not to use it in the end anyway.  It wouldn't matter if that changed.

I have downloaded an update, but I still don't feel comfortable doing this yet until I'm more familiar with the product.  Just hoping later on if I do decide to upgrade I won't break anything by skipping this one. 

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ah right

The following themes have new versions available. Check the ones you want to update and then click “Update Themes”.

Please Note: Any customizations you have made to theme files will be lost. Please consider using child themes for modifications.

Thats a WordPress notice ;)

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

@ksnyde if you have a specific css issue you should open a support topic.

No CSS was added or modified in this small maintenance release.

The filter was added for people running windows or servers without POSIX extensions installed in PHP so they can bypass the check and force the css filemode to work, no guarantees it will work but it might help them. People on hosts with normal PHP have nothing to fear.

#10 tappy

tappy

• Members

• 10 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Hi, I'm a newbie to Pagelines and it is going well. I will shortly be moving my localhost copy over to a hosted server. The current version of wordpress there is 3.2.1. I have an option to upgrade it to Wordpress 3.5. What is Pagelines position in relation to this new release?

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

@ksnyde,

Did you also update bbPress? There was an update of bbPress and Buddypress today as well.

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

@Tappy Pagelines is fine with wordpress 3.5, you'll need to check any third party plugins you're using though.

#13 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

@ksnyde,

Did you also update bbPress? There was an update of bbPress and Buddypress today as well.

I'm not using bbPress / Buddypress. I'll have to look into this next week when things are bit less hectic.

#14 ksnyde

ksnyde

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

@ksnyde if you have a specific css issue you should open a support topic.

No CSS was added or modified in this small maintenance release.

The filter was added for people running windows or servers without POSIX extensions installed in PHP so they can bypass the check and force the css filemode to work, no guarantees it will work but it might help them. People on hosts with normal PHP have nothing to fear.

Ok yes, I should have opened a support ticket. Sorry. I also see looking at my logs that the changes are quite small. Quite surprised they're having such large effect on my styling. I'll have to troubleshoot next week.

#15 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2203 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi @simon_P

The filter was added for people running windows or servers without POSIX extensions installed in PHP so they can bypass the check and force the css filemode to work, no guarantees it will work but it might help them. People on hosts with normal PHP have nothing to fear.

This is very useful to people who use Godaddy (like me)

POSIX functions can not be used on the host shared Godaddy (they informed me)

:(

This work fine to me.

Many Thanks.

• Simon_P likes this

#16 lucyland

lucyland

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

@ksnyde: FWIW the issues with your CSS could be due to changes made in the Bootstrap Framework as opposed to anything implemented by Pagelines. I recently discovered a significant amount of font-size, line-height, and margin changes when we upgraded from Twitter Bootstrap 2.0X to 2.2.2. Very maddening.