Photo
- - - - -

Blog Posts On Home Page

Best Answer Danny , 17 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

The plugin most certainly works as I have tried it myself only recently. However, like you mention the style of it doesn't match the default style of the loop in PageLines Framework.

When you fill out the settings for the SRP widget, copy the shortcode that is generated and when adding the shortcode be sure to check that you're using the HTML tab otherwise it will not work as far as I know.

If you do not wish to use the Special Recent Posts, they you can try to create your own custmo Loop to display your recent posts or use one of the sections available in the store.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 arlomiller

arlomiller

Advanced Member

• Members

• 97 posts
  • Framework Version:1.1.8

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

I've been trying to get blog posts to show on my home page

www.millerfamilyderm.com

Right now, i'm using the wordpress special posts pro to try to do this, but It looks like $hit.

Id love it if they could look more like they do on the blog page with the image, the title.  date under it, and then the excerpt.  

any advice would be appreciated

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15028 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi,

Well a new section has just been released on the store which allows you to add posts to any page you like using our drag & drop system.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

We usually recommend Special Recent Posts, but as you're not happy with the look of it, you could create your own loop section. If you're unsure how to do this, then I recommend you purchase the Anyloop section from the store.

#3 arlomiller

arlomiller

Advanced Member

• Members

• 97 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

special recent posts looks absolutely horrible.  It seems to ignore pretty much most of the settings for it, and just displays in whatever crappy way it wants to.  It also won't work for me in anything but a box for some reason.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15028 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:08 PM   Best Answer

The plugin most certainly works as I have tried it myself only recently. However, like you mention the style of it doesn't match the default style of the loop in PageLines Framework.

When you fill out the settings for the SRP widget, copy the shortcode that is generated and when adding the shortcode be sure to check that you're using the HTML tab otherwise it will not work as far as I know.

If you do not wish to use the Special Recent Posts, they you can try to create your own custmo Loop to display your recent posts or use one of the sections available in the store.

#5 arlomiller

arlomiller

Advanced Member

• Members

• 97 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Eventually was able to get SRP to work, but it took a ton of CSS modification to make it jive well with pagelines.