Photo
- - - - -

Jigoshop; How To Enlarge Thumbnails On Product Pages

jigoshop thumbnails resize thumbnails

Best Answer James B , 08 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Unfortunately with the secondary nav there's not a lot of options to set it overall as it's designed so you can have different navs on different pages.

In Pagelines>Page options you'll see in each of the special template pages (blog, product archive etc) there's an option at the bottom to set the second nav across the selection. I'm not sure if setting the nav in the product archive template will set the product pages but try it.

Usually on a per post basis you would have to select the nav for each page/post using the page meta settings. In the page setup tab in the meta there's a drop down to select the nav.

We've suggested to the developers that a site wide option would be nice.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

In Jigoshop, I can't seem to make the thumbnails bigger on the product-category pages (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) and maybe space them differently. I'm here -  Jigoshop > settings > images, and fooling around with the settings, but nothing seems to be responding.

Here is a website that has the layout I'm trying to emulate (three large thumbs across); 

I am also having difficulties with thumbnails of photos that are not square. The thumbnail is not cropping the image, it is squishing it instead.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michele

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Michelle,  CSS will allow me to expand the height, but not the width, which tells me there's some setting, somewhere that's causing the width to remain set to 150px.

Check Dashboard > Settings > Media and Dashboard > Jigo > Settings.  I don't know if Jigo causes any settings to appear on its static pages.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

As for cropping, the best suggestion is to make unique thumbnails using a graphics editor, ensuring the proportions are what you want.  Remember, cropping isn't necessarily proportional, which is likely what you're seeing.... disproportionate cropping. If you have two images of different sizes and they're cropped, the result will be different looks.  Worse, the system won't know what portion of a picture to show as the result. Hence it's best to do this yourself with a graphics editing program.

#4 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Re. thumbs on catalog pages, I re-set the max image size to 300 in dashboard > settings > media but still can only change the height. I can't seem to find  Media and Dashboard > Jigo > Settings in the WP dashboard settings. Any other ideas?

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Hi there, you could try the following

#6 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Aaaah, I appreciate you sticking with me! Ufortunately that's what I was already trying and it still isn't working.

Anyway, onto the next (and hopefully the last) thing... sorry to bug! I can not find where to make the secondary navigation (at the very top of the page, log in, contact, etc.) a "default" on the product pages. I am having to go into modify each product after I enter it to turn it on in the edit product window. Super frustrating! 

Let me know... thanks again!

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Where's the secondary nav on your site? We have a section called secondary nav, but i can't see that in your site code. Is that the section you're referring too? Let me know :-)

#8 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Yeah...oops, I actually just took it off because I was trying to do a workaround since I was having so much trouble with it. I put it back so you can look at it... I will keep it there until I hear back from you :-)

It is the REGISTER / LOGIN  SHOPPING CART  CONTACT US  above the brandNav.

Sorry and thanks!

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:13 AM   Best Answer

Unfortunately with the secondary nav there's not a lot of options to set it overall as it's designed so you can have different navs on different pages.

In Pagelines>Page options you'll see in each of the special template pages (blog, product archive etc) there's an option at the bottom to set the second nav across the selection. I'm not sure if setting the nav in the product archive template will set the product pages but try it.

Usually on a per post basis you would have to select the nav for each page/post using the page meta settings. In the page setup tab in the meta there's a drop down to select the nav.

We've suggested to the developers that a site wide option would be nice.

#10 lazlo

lazlo

Advanced Member

• Members

• 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hi - regarding thumnail squishing - I found the following on the Jigoshop forum, which I've followed and has rectified the problem for me:

Q: My thumbnails images are distorted. How to fix it?

A: Possible solution:

1. Go to Dashboard > Jihoshop > Setting > Images tab

2. Make sure you select "Yes" to all these:
    Crop Tiny Images
    Crop Thumbnail Images
    Crop Catalog Images
    Crop Large Images

3. Make sure "Catalog Images" size is 150 x 150

4. Install and activate this plugin: 

5. Go to Dashboard > Tools >Regen. Thumbnail and regenerate all thumbnails

#11 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the update - this topic has been marked as resolved 

#12 vonsommerfeldt

vonsommerfeldt

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

The original question does not appear to be resolved? On her website the photos are still 150 x 150. I want to do the same thing she originally did, make my product thumbs 300X300 or bigger. Using pagelines and Jigoshop.

• meeshking likes this

#13 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hi see Lazlo's response above on resizing the thumbnails using the regenerate thumbnails plugin. If you've having problems please strart a new thread, as this thread is marked resolved moderators won't automatically see your responses come up. 

#14 vonsommerfeldt

vonsommerfeldt

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

I did post a new thread about it, and I did use Lazlo's response with no luck. I even went in and edited the frontedn css of jigoshop and all it did was change the height still. I also used the code you posted above, and all it did was edit the height of the images.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigoshop, thumbnails, resize thumbnails