Photo
- - - - -

How To Change Gray/Black Color on Main Nav Dropdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:05 AM

I am having a problem trying to change the gray/black color on the main navigation drop down menus. The link is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I tried using this: #nav ul.dropdown ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li ul li.current_page_item a{ background: #004631; } on the custom code page and I still keep getting the black/gray color. Can anyone please tell me how to change this or give me a code that I can use? Thank you! Joanne

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

That code will only change the hover color, If you want to take a look at dropdown.css you will see the correct selectors you need to apply. e.g. line ~92 is the selector for the main non-hover color for dropdowns.

#3 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

Thank you. I'm not too proficient in css and not sure I know the area you are talking about in your reply. I am editing within WordPress and this is what I can find: /* Drop Down*/ #nav li{position:relative;} #nav ul ul {display: none;} I don't see anything else like line ~92. Could you please give me the exact line of code that I need to look for? Thank you!

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

This code is from dropdown.css which is inside of the CSS folder which is inside of the PRO folder on your server. Here is the selector I was talking about at line 92 ` #nav ul.dropdown ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li ul li.current_page_item a ` which appears to be the same as you entered above. Where did you say you putting the code?