Photo
- - - - -

Change Header On Posts According To Its Category?

feature header category

Best Answer Danny , 07 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

Not sure what you mean.

DO you mean they want a specific header image per category or a specific feature set per category page containing 16+ images ?

If this is the case, that is not possible (as far as I know) out of the box. Therefore, I recommend you contact one of our Pros and ask them for assistance, it may require a custom section.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobbekaer

bobbekaer

Advanced Member

• Members

• 89 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.6

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hi :-)

A few days ago I got help with using features in the header - and showing it in another size than the other features on the site I'm working on: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

).

Now I would like to be able to show different headers/features according to which category?

So whenever you see a post in category xyz you see the xyz-feature in the header....

:-)

Bolette

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

OK, what you could do is this:

1. Go to PageLines > Drag and Drop and clone the Features Slider section in your header template, so that you have two.

2. Now on the cloned features section, click the options button and check hide by default.

3. Now go to Page Options > Page Setup > Category Template and in the Header area of Individual Page Section Control, hide the default Feature Slider and use then check to show the one you cloned that was set to hide by default.

So now you have you just replaced your default Feature Slider section with the cloned one but this will only show on your category page(s).

Now whilst still on Page Options > Category template, click on the Features Sections settings tab and then configure your Feature settings. In the "Select Feature Post Source (Optional - Defaults to Custom Post Type)" select the Post Category option.

This should be work for you!

#3 bobbekaer

bobbekaer

Advanced Member

• Members

• 89 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Thank you :-)

But I should have been more clear; my client wants to show a special header for each of his categories (16+). Do you think there is any way around that?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:37 AM   Best Answer

Not sure what you mean.

DO you mean they want a specific header image per category or a specific feature set per category page containing 16+ images ?

If this is the case, that is not possible (as far as I know) out of the box. Therefore, I recommend you contact one of our Pros and ask them for assistance, it may require a custom section.

#5 bobbekaer

bobbekaer

Advanced Member

• Members

• 89 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi Danny

I mean a specific feature in header per category. I had a bad feeling this wasn't an easy solution :-) 

I will look at the Pros.

Thanks anyway :-)

Bolette

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

No problem

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feature, header, category