Photo

Platform Pro Theme Settings Revert To Defaults When Migrating Wordpress Instance

Best Answer James B , 07 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hi there, could be a number of things causing that. Firstly I'd say check the Permalinks. Go into settings>permalinks, don't change anything just hit save. Make sure you clear and deactivate any caching plugins if you have any active.  If the links to the images and styles are not working this could be a permalinks issue. Did you do a find/replace on the urls when you exported the database?

Make sure you have both Platform and the Base theme active. 

If the above doesn't work then check the .htaccess file, this may be looking for the wrong location or be not writable.

If there's a possible corruption a new install of PlatformPro may be needed.

As as a side not you should consider upgrading to the Pagelines Framework in the future, as Platform is now considered a legacy theme and will not receive any further updates.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 etouchpoint

etouchpoint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

We're trying to migrate our website from dreamhost.com to our own internal and default installation of wordpress. We're just in testing now, but what we do here will be a model for how we move the production site when we're ready. We've copied over all file content and used a mysqldump to get a dump of the database from dreamhost and restore it into the database on our server. Everything seems to work just fine except for the PlatformPro theme. For some reason all of the PlatformPro theme settings in our local instance get reset to defaults. We've also tried using the export/import functions with and without plugins enabled with the same results.

How can we migrate our site from dreamhost.com to a local wordpress instance while keeping the PlatformPro theme settings?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:30 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, could be a number of things causing that. Firstly I'd say check the Permalinks. Go into settings>permalinks, don't change anything just hit save. Make sure you clear and deactivate any caching plugins if you have any active.  If the links to the images and styles are not working this could be a permalinks issue. Did you do a find/replace on the urls when you exported the database?

Make sure you have both Platform and the Base theme active. 

If the above doesn't work then check the .htaccess file, this may be looking for the wrong location or be not writable.

If there's a possible corruption a new install of PlatformPro may be needed.

As as a side not you should consider upgrading to the Pagelines Framework in the future, as Platform is now considered a legacy theme and will not receive any further updates.

#3 etouchpoint

etouchpoint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

Thanks!  I went through the ideas you listed one by one but none of them changed anything.  There were pieces of the config we had completely missing that just didn't seem to come back with any of those things.

I ended up just going through the entire theme config and just manually syncing our test instance with the production instance and the test instance is now correct.  I've also tested the export/import procedures with the test instance into another default and blank install of wordpress and they work just fine.  So something must be borked by the dreamhost exports.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Ah well done, I'm glad you got it sorted. Thank you for letting us know.