Photo
- - - - -

How Do I Place A Reader Section Inside A Content Section?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ejclarke

ejclarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm trying to create an FAQ section where a sidebar menu on the lefthand side will give access to the different FAQs, each of which will be a Reader section which should load in the content area of the page (to the right, next to the sidebar menu).

Currently I can only place a Reader section either before or after a content area (which doesn't put it next to the sidebar menu, but above or below it...not good), but I can't seem to place the Reader inside a content area. It's as if the Reader always insists on spanning the entire screen...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

EJ

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

You can't place a Reader inside Content Area. It's a section that is designed only for the Page Template area. You'll need to place the section inside Page Template area and find a workaround for allowing the sidebar menu to appear next to it.

#3 ejclarke

ejclarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks. That is unfortunate. There doesn't seem to be a reason for this limitation, but anyway, I have devised a workaround: I place the Reader in the Morefoot area, then view the page, copy the Reader's HTML source, and paste it directly into the content area. Then I use CSS styles to hide the Reader in the Morefooter space (removing it also removes the JavaScript that makes the Reader function, so hiding it is the only solution).

Any other solutions that are less cumbersome and more elegant are very welcome and would be appreciated.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Well you can add the Reader Section to the Content Area. However, this is not available by default and doing so, will void any support for anything related to the section, so the choice is up to you!

Basically, create a child section of the Reader section and then edit the section.php file.

On the Workswith: line of code add the word "main", this adds support for the Content Area. Then goto your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Store, this refreshes the store, now goto Drag and Drop and select the Content Area, then your template and the Reader Section should be active.

Remember, that any issue you may run into will not be supported, as this is not part of the core for that section.

#5 segalm

segalm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

I think you're luck that you've got this far! I can't get a reader set to display at all in my page. And there does not seem to be any help topics for this - can someone help? Thanks

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hi, please open a new topic when you need assistance. 

Also, it helps to read the documentation: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content