Photo
- - - - -

Blog With Grid System

Best Answer Danny , 06 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

HI, The PageLines grid code is not CSS, its HTML, therefore you will need to remove the code above from your custom CSS, as it won't work.

Here is how the PageLines grid works, you add the code you provided above in your HTML tab of your post/page editor. Then, in the code below where you have the words "Add your content here", this is the area where you add your content, this can be simple text, html or shortcodes.

<div class="row">
    <div class="span4">
    ADD YOUR CONTENT HERE
    </div>
    <div class="span8">    
    ADD YOUR CONTENT HERE
    </div>
</div>

For more information on how to use the grid view our grid doc. - http://support.pagel...us/grid-system/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I want to use a grid system for my blog posts.  I found the CSS I need to use but where do I paste the CSS for it to work on the blog page posts only?

Thanks.

Geoff

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Geoff,

You can paste the CSS in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules.

#3 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

OK, thanks. I just did that and I do not see any change when I go to Posts, New.

How do I see where my Grid settings are?  I entered:

<div class="row">
    <div class="span4">Span 4</div>
    <div class="span8">Span 8</div>
    </div>

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:40 AM   Best Answer

HI, The PageLines grid code is not CSS, its HTML, therefore you will need to remove the code above from your custom CSS, as it won't work.

Here is how the PageLines grid works, you add the code you provided above in your HTML tab of your post/page editor. Then, in the code below where you have the words "Add your content here", this is the area where you add your content, this can be simple text, html or shortcodes.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For more information on how to use the grid view our grid doc. -

#5 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Yehaw!  It worked.  THANK YOU! THIS is what I have been trying to accomplish since July because the magazine formatting does not do it.

One last question:  Is there any way I can place a border around each grid item to delineate it for the grid item next to it?

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

You'll have to write custom CSS for that. More information can be found

and

#7 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Nope.  Not me.  I'm a cut/paste king of guy...

Pagelines should live up to their "drag and drop" tagline and let us format a grid via that method. Yeah well I guess we should have Christmas everyday too :-)

#8 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

If PageLines offered a way for anyone, to do anything they wanted, the sites would look like they were built by 4th graders. I've come from platforms that give you this much control, and the sites reflect it. I've been doing this for a minute now, and I can safely say that PageLines has come to a happy medium with things, keeping professionally designed content from going astray. 

But in the end, if you want to do something that it doesn't do out of the box, you'll have to learn how to do it yourself. If you remain a copy-paste-commando, you'll never learn and will always depend on others. It wouldn't hurt to learn some simple code to at least be dangerous.

With all of that being said, time for a personal plug. ;)

I just put out a product that will output your posts into a Grid type format, you may find that appealing for what you're trying to do.

• siftingpoint likes this

#9 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

The Bearded Avenger strikes again! I am a huge fan of yours!  Great to see you in the forums!  I simply love BA shortcodes - so easy and so cool.  I will check out Anyloop for sure.

Plus what you say makes sense.  But...I would rather pay someone to do the coding if I can't find the plug-in.

Thanks again.  You da man!

#10 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

I checked out AnyLoop and it looks good but can i use it for multiple entires in a single post or is it only for grouping multiple posts?

#11 kate1000

kate1000

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

how can I name the dives - or where - so that I can css them ? If I replace the word " row or span" then wont it mess up the grid system?

can someone provide me with a simple example of html and css for this situation it is so simple that its hard !- thanks!