Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idea For Wishlist? Branding Widget Section

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This seems to be such a popular request that perhaps at some stage we could have a standard section within PageLines similar to the BrandNav, but for a widget section - BrandWidget?

Just a thought... I'm determined to nail the best way to arrange this and will share but perhaps for the future...

Babs

Posted · Report post

Are you referring specifically to a vertical menu widget that can be placed in a sidebar?

Posted · Report post

No, Catrina

Thinking more of having a widget area beside the logo, in the header section.

So in that widget we can have a sign up box, text, whatever we want, basically.

I've done it on one site, but can I remember which? But it was a workaround using other sections.

Posted · Report post

You may want to check this out... http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/business-branding/

Or this (and please don't be offended by the name) http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/hooker/

This one lets you insert code for most, if not all the hooks in Framework.  So, if for example, you wanted to place an ad next to the branding, just use both Action Map (to locate the right hook) and Hooker to apply what code you wish.

Posted · Report post

*Pops off for a play*

Thanks Rob 

Posted · Report post

Ah James, if that was really a widget it would be brilliant - so often that is what I want to use.

I'm pretty sure it's not, though. 

Posted · Report post

There really isn't a need I don't think for a Branding Area widget section as you can already use a few Widgetized sections in the Header Template area.

What I would do is simply replace the Branding/BrandNav section with the widgetized section and use a text widget for my logo/title/taglines etc.. and then add any other widgets I wish to use, then use CSS to align the widgets.