Photo
- - - - -

Client Handoff Guidelines When Using Pagelines

Best Answer catrina , 05 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

The account credentials will need to stay there unless they are getting a PageLines account for themselves. (The credentials are needed there so that the Framework can still receive updates)

You can try hiding the PageLines tab with a plugin, but I don't have a recommendation for any certain one. Sometimes the PL tab still shows regardless and in case it does, just inform the client that they need to be careful when changing settings and using the Docs as a guide so that they understand what they're adjustments can do.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevininspace

kevininspace

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I've been looking around these forums to see how others handle the client handoff when developing and delivering and PageLines Pro site.

Specifically, should I logout of my Pro account before handing off?

Are there any other guidelines or recommendations from either PageLines staff or the community?

Any examples or pointing me to existing topics would be great.

Thanks!

Kevin

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Specifically, should I logout of my Pro account before handing off?

Are you referring to the account credentials in PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account?

There aren't any set guidelines posted anywhere, but I would offer the following advice:

• Make sure they do not click any "Reset to default" buttons in the options pages UNLESS they want to reset ALL settings in all of the tabs on that page.
  • Send them this documentation so that they can become familiar with Framework:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Inform them that they should not edit any of the core files directly.

#3 kevininspace

kevininspace

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Are you referring to the account credentials in PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account?

Yes, exactly.

Your other suggestions are excellent. I guess I could also create another user and use one of the many admin plugins to limit the visibility of the PageLines admin menu. Would this be wise?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:51 PM   Best Answer

The account credentials will need to stay there unless they are getting a PageLines account for themselves. (The credentials are needed there so that the Framework can still receive updates)

You can try hiding the PageLines tab with a plugin, but I don't have a recommendation for any certain one. Sometimes the PL tab still shows regardless and in case it does, just inform the client that they need to be careful when changing settings and using the Docs as a guide so that they understand what they're adjustments can do.